Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend weighs practically nothing, together we might total 250 lbs, so I'm wondering - do I have to go through the trouble of adjusting the suspension and finding an air pump every time she wants to get on the back? Is it really that detrimental if it's only 50-60 lbs over what they recommend?

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Tire pressure is fine as long as it is not low to start with. You should definately get out your wrench and bump up your shock preload to the max.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I would ...... but that's me being compulsive again :lol

I will tell you that when I had my 50-60lbs of luggage on the back I didn't change anything for the trip and I could feel that the bike was a little off. Once I put a few extra psi in the tires everything was fine again, much better handling after that.
I say get ur own airpump, somethin that plugs into a cigarette lighter, and just fill up when you know she's joinin you.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't looked at the manual about the suspension adjustment, but I imagine it's not a 2 second thing to change all the time - is it a pain?

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
No, it's very simple once you figure out what the hell the manual is telling you to do...lol

Really, once you figure it out the first time it is a 2 minute thing.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Something that runs off DC can't possibly have the grunt to inflate a tire to 42 psi, can it?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Binary Jay said:
Something that runs off DC can't possibly have the grunt to inflate a tire to 42 psi, can it?
Yes it can. I bought a cheap electric air pump that plugs into my car DC outlet. It pumps up to 200 psi - just takes a while. Most have built in air pressure gauges - you definitely want this feature. The pump cost $20 at CanadianTire.

Such a device is a great addition to your garage. I check my tire pressure about once a month, especially as we are coming out of winter and moving into a warmer temperature - this alters the tire pressure.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Binary Jay said:
I haven't looked at the manual about the suspension adjustment, but I imagine it's not a 2 second thing to change all the time - is it a pain?
FAZR6 is right, it takes longer to get the tool out from under the seat then it does to actually change the setting. You only need to the adjuster tool (looks like a hook) and the handle outta the tool kit. If you look at the top of your suspention you'll see a gold looking thing with vertical slots in it. All's your doing is spinning that one way or the other with the tool.

Binary Jay said:
I've never had to use my air pump to inflate a 100% flat tire but I'm sure it can like skeleton said. I've seen the guy across the street from me hook it up to his cage tire which was totally flat, he walked away and came back in a few minutes and the tire was full. So if it can work on a cage it's gonna work on the bike. Only thing is if you get the one that runs from a DC outlet you need to move your bike next to your car to use it .... unless you install a 12v socket on your bike like i did :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts