Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,547 Posts
Shorty Exhaust? Shorty Levers? ??? Please be more specific.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I never found one for my bike instead I used an R6 muffler+hacksaw+welding machine=

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motorcycle fairing

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Just an idea!! this was a winter project. lol!! next try to install a single projector lamp on the nose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did not take long, all that was done was cutting the pipe after the 4 into 1 about an inch or so. now that you have about 20 or so pounds of scrap pipe, cut off a piece of pipe about an 1in or so...now you got the diameter. Went to a muffler shop and they got a pipe that was the same diameter as the muffler about 5 or 6in long and they used a hydralic machine to make it open wide to the diameter of the piece of exhaust pipe that you cut off + add a slight bend to clear tire and fit muffler correctly(25$). Weld it to the bike, slide on R6 muffler...... clamp. Install muffler strap...done!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can you take some close up shots of the pipe and from the back of the bike to see how far it sticks out please...how much did it cost for the r6 muffler

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exhaust Bumper Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Cost of muffler, I kept looking in ebay for about 3-4 months before I found a muffler that came off a bike that was total loss and wasvnot getting bid on like it was the last beanie baby (R6 muffler=32$ w/shipping. Some mufflers goes as high as 75$

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
you and mr. rocket have the best bikes.

you rule man I'm for sure going to do this mod to my bike in the future.

I'm about to cut the windscreen down on my bike a little.

since your bike is single rider now you should put one of those 00-01-02 zx6r rear cowling to replace the seat. also take those hoe-handle off and fillin the holes.. you wouldn't be needing them... just my opinion

View attachment 171951 View attachment 171953

Cost of muffler, I kept looking in ebay for about 3-4 months before I found a muffler that came off a bike that was total loss and wasvnot getting bid on like it was the last beanie baby (R6 muffler=32$ w/shipping. Some mufflers goes as high as 75$

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
damn im in love with that exhuast lol but i suck with welding and i would have the guys at my shop do that part but idk.....you should start production in a shorty make some bank lol...but thank you for those pics my gf really wants me to do that to my bike now and i want to but idk if i capable of it....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
can you show the welds? it seems you take nice pics so show is the piece that got stretched open more to fit the pipe!

if that could be done then we could be copy cats! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry, I wont have any pics of the welds for a bit cuz I already bagged and tagged the bike and exchange places with my power generator.
:eatpop
Hurricane Ike is around the corner--> fay, and hanna left enough flooding in my area(Cape Canaveral). Will do when I get the all clear. I might even remove the fairings.
If you decide to do it great !! Be ready to get some flak !!

My buddy stuck a bumber sticker on my bike that said "Suffering from Identity Crisis"

·
we the people ...right?
926 Posts
Bro, that is just sex on wheels right there.
Dont be surprised if that shows up everywhere now.

*cough*like mine*cough*

Props to ya.:cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Viper makes a shorty for about $260. Mine isnt a shorty but my oval viper sounds pretty good. I bought mine from flyncycle a month ago or so and they had one then. Or you could get their cheap 180 one and cut it they look easy to make short.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts