Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got a stock exhaust on my GSXR 750 K8. Itching to get a new exhaust, love the looks of shorty ones but alas can't decide on one. Been looking at akraprovic and the M4/Jardine.... Etc. I'm not very knowledgable on exhausts so any recommendations? I understand shorty are generally louder but if there's anything quieter than usual ones or not ridiculously loud that'd be great to know of. At the same time, probably a silly question, are there full exhaust systems that are short pipes or are they all generally slip ons?

Thanks guys

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Those are all quality brands. Here are a bunch of shorty and full length options, slip on and full system;

Suzuki Performance Parts-08-10 GSXR600/750-Exhaust from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Look for ones that say they come with a removable baffle (Sometimes called a dB Killer.). I have them in my Leo Vince slip ons and they make a huge difference. With the baffles in it's loud but not super loud. When I take the baffles out it's absolutely deafening. I always leave them in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Do you guys prefer slip ons for shorty?

Thanks for the links and information guys. That M4 on the Triumph sounds nice, quieter than I expected.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I prefer the shorty because of the sound, 12lbs lighter, shows off the rear wheel as it is a shorty. Have the choice of adding in the db killer.Which I have not added. Yes it is above the normal db limit. However, I do not sit and rev the throttle to annoy other people. No posing here.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My SV650 came with the full RS-3 Yoshimura exhaust. It didn't come with the baffles; holy God is it loud when you crank on it. I imagine a true superbike would be even louder...

I wouldn't mind the volume so much except A) I feel like a tool when I step on it (er, twist it?), feeling guilty while trying to telepathically explain to the other drivers that no, I don't think I'm cool for pulling close to 110db B) it's a wonderful way to draw the attention of all the police in a four block radius (which, for little Rutherford county, means about 23 cops), and C) I don't even like the sound of the SV650, much less the Yoshimura-ized version of it. Sounds like a dry, rattling, raspy death. It's honestly the only thing I don't like about the SV650; it sounds like a dirt bike on steroids... I'd hate to get rid of it though, since a Carbon Fiber Yoshi exhaust runs over $600.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
My SV650 came with the full RS-3 Yoshimura exhaust. It didn't come with the baffles; holy God is it loud when you crank on it. I imagine a true superbike would be even louder...

I wouldn't mind the volume so much except A) I feel like a tool when I step on it (er, twist it?), feeling guilty while trying to telepathically explain to the other drivers that no, I don't think I'm cool for pulling close to 110db B) it's a wonderful way to draw the attention of all the police in a four block radius (which, for little Rutherford county, means about 23 cops), and C) I don't even like the sound of the SV650, much less the Yoshimura-ized version of it. Sounds like a dry, rattling, raspy death. It's honestly the only thing I don't like about the SV650; it sounds like a dirt bike on steroids... I'd hate to get rid of it though, since a Carbon Fiber Yoshi exhaust runs over $600.
Sell it and get the stock sewing machine exhaust, and pocket the change? Or get a nice and quiet exhaust? I, for one, love my exhaust note. I-4 and I-3 sound good, too, it's just that EVERYTHING is an I-4 (for good reason).

·
Registered
561 Posts
Sell it and get the stock sewing machine exhaust, and pocket the change? Or get a nice and quiet exhaust? I, for one, love my exhaust note. I-4 and I-3 sound good, too, it's just that EVERYTHING is an I-4 (for good reason).
I love the sound of the SV too. A dirtbike on steriods? What's not to love?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts