Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I been mostly a forum reader. Idk why but I like to read and learn things here. I don't really post much because I'm sure I can't be of much service to you like you can to me. This is why I'm coming to you ladies and gentleman of the sportbike world.

I recently found some bikes I think are worth looking at and was wondering if they were good deals. I'm coming up from a 2012 Ninja 250R. The ZX 6R is the last link. That bike would be financed after 2 or 3k down.

2001 HONDA CBR F4I

Honda CBR 600 f4i

Xtreme Machines®

Any help would be appreciated. If you need any other information let me know! For some reason I have intense interest in the f4i but I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thank you :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Both of those F4i's would be a good step up from where you are now, with a very large power increase over your 250 (think only a little heavier with 3-4 times the power). The Zx-6 would be even more so and have a more agressive approach to the riding position and power delivery. I suggest getting one of the F4i's to bridge the gap between your bike and the race replica category.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Either F4i could be a fair deal at about $1,000 below asking price, assuming they're in good mechanical shape. So sure, they're worth looking at if they're not too far away. Personally I would never buy a bike I needed to finance, so that would rule out the ZX-6r.

As a comparison, in November 2010 I paid $3,000 for my bike, which was nearly identical to the red and white one right down to having the same key chain, which is a little eerie. I thought it was a fair deal, not an amazing deal, and that was for a 10 year old bike. Those are now 12 year old bikes, so adjust accordingly.

Are those sliders on the red and white one just glued to the fairings?. They're in an odd location, nowhere near the engine bolts. But other than that and the douchy decals, it's a nice looking bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hahah they do look douchey lol. How does your f4i run? Thanks for the input guys. I'm most definitely going to put in an offer to both guys. And even though i in fact did do the research I want to be 10000% sure this bike is fuel injected. I cannot stand having carbs on my 250r.

You guys sure are getting me excited lol.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I personally don't believe in financing anything. If I can't afford it, I won't buy it.

Get an F4i. It's a good step forward and you won't have to bury yourself in debt.

·
Registered
169 Posts
you started so young in getting a motorcycle even on a small 250...don't know how you managed to reached the ground...you should wait a few more years and grow up before moving up...in like 15 years...when you do i recommend a zzr 600...

i had an 05 zzr 600 for two years and i regreted selling it...it was so comfortable with no starting issues and no hiccups even though it is carbureted...here is a review...:D

2005 Kawasaki ZZR600: MD Ride Review – Do It All, On A Budget « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

·
Registered
213 Posts
How does your f4i run?
I bought it at 7,700 miles and now I'm at 31,000. Never any trouble with it, and I don't plan to get rid of it any time soon. I replaced the cam chain tensioner lifter, which is a rite of passage for F4i owners, and have done some scheduled maintenance like valve clearance check at 16,000 miles and replaced the chain and sprocket at 20,000. Otherwise just changing the fluids when I'm supposed to. These bikes have a reputation of being bulletproof, and so far my experience confirms that.

They're a little more street friendly than newer race replica 600s, as engineers have figured out how to get more top end power out of the same displacement engine, but do this at the expense of torque at lower RPMs. But it's still an immensely capable bike in the right hands. These bikes were race winners in their day, and that day wasn't so long ago.

I want to be 10000% sure this bike is fuel injected. I cannot stand having carbs on my 250r.

You guys sure are getting me excited lol.
The F4i is 10,000% fuel injected. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
The first F4i is the best deal. It's mostly stock and 7,700 miles. Very knowledgable ad.

But judging by your age, you should buy fisher-price. :p

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
F4I all the way!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Post away. Every voice has value, even if I disagree...
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Unfortunately, neither of the guys would really budge in price. They stood by their asking price.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Unfortunately, neither of the guys would really budge in price. They stood by their asking price.
Don't tell me - you tried to haggle over the phone? WRONG.

You show up with an envelope of $50s or $100s. That makes the haggle easy.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Don't tell me - you tried to haggle over the phone? WRONG.

You show up with an envelope of $50s or $100s. That makes the haggle easy.
This. If someone tries to haggle with me over the phone/email I tell them the price is the price and if they are still interested to come look at it. In person I'm more willing to make a deal. Frankly, if someone says "I'll offer you $XXXX" when my ad states that it's YYYY, most of the time I'll tell them to pound sand if it's clear they are looking to knock a lot off the price.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
This. If someone tries to haggle with me over the phone/email I tell them the price is the price and if they are still interested to come look at it. In person I'm more willing to make a deal. Frankly, if someone says "I'll offer you $XXXX" when my ad states that it's YYYY, most of the time I'll tell them to pound sand if it's clear they are looking to knock a lot off the price.
HAHAHA, this scenario comes to mind, with you.

I am asking $3700
I'll offer you $3000
I'll meet you in the middle @ $3650

LOL

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
If I'm asking $3700 and someone offers $3k, I'll hang up on them. I don't overprice with haggling in mind. I typically will lower at the absolute most 10% and that's only if it needs gone immediately. I price my stuff lower than the rest when I sell stuff to begin with. If someone offers over 20% less, I ignore them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was in fact email :/ his location was over 40 miles away so showing him a bunch of cash was gonna was on a be difficult when I really don't know the real condition of the bike or the person personally. Anyone can rip that envelope out of your hand and run. I never bought from Craigslist so it's the most comfortable thing for me lol.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Keep looking, bro. There's a shitload of bikes out there. Watch CL for a month or two. The same bikes will pop up again and again. The prices will slowly come down.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts