Sport Bikes banner

961 - 980 of 1170 Posts

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Odd request for those in Western PA.. Long story short I have a big ride down to Deals Gap coming on the 24th.. I've got a couple of projects I need to get done as well as the wonderful 24k maintenance and lube to do. I don't necessarily have all the tools to complete all the projects and I don't have the money to take the bike to a dealer so he/she can take my entire vacation coin..

Anyone here a got the tools and time to help me out?? I'm confident that with the right tools it wouldn't even be a weekend project.. possible doable in 1 day.. Don't get me wrong I'm willing to compensate for work done. At a bare minimum maybe I can "rent" some tools from someone?

If anyone is interested and can help please PM me.. If there is a better place to post this request please advise.
If you lived remotely close to me, I'd jump all over that. I itch to wrench on bikes haha, look at what I bought, the DD is my project :eek:nfloor But seriously, I would help in a heartbeat, I can do most maintenance things, even internal. Valve adjustements, timing (mechanical), wheel changes, chain changes, brakes, etc.... I really should apply for a mechanic job at Blackmans or Blockers.

Thanks Greg, I'm stoked about her, Can't wait till winter comes around so I have an excuse to tear it down, fix the palstics and stencil on a custom paint job.

Dan, if you weren't doing middles today I'd let you take her out. Just did a few adjustments and the bike feels great!

·
5,455 Posts
weather is supposed to be great.. put her on the back and take her to see the sunset at presque isle.. j/k

It's all good man.. Good luck:boink
thanks.

believe me i would love to take her for a ride. i even have two full sets of gear now, but i just don't know about riding passengers. i mean i have over 18k miles under my belt now, but as i'm sure you know its just alot of responsibility. i'm sure she'll be on it eventually, just not yet.

·
Pillion Cam
206 Posts
thanks.

believe me i would love to take her for a ride. i even have two full sets of gear now, but i just don't know about riding passengers. i mean i have over 18k miles under my belt now, but as i'm sure you know its just alot of responsibility. i'm sure she'll be on it eventually, just not yet.
Amen to that brother! I put on a good 5k miles last year and rode with stuff strapped down to the back (boxes, 1st set of tires, big duffle bags full of laundry, etc) to get an idea of how the bike felt.. First couple times out was a bit scary but went smooth.. By the time we went out on a ride with Danish and Bob thru the North Hills of Pittsburgh though it was all good.. She took her BRC and got her endorsement this year.. Now we just got to find her a bike.. her taking the BRC though I think will help for Deals Gap. She's a much smoother pillion this year.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Save yourself some bucks! There's a few color schemes for the Tsunami model. At least try one on!
RC, I got the price for the Arai. Retail is $601.95. I can get it for $371.24. :banana

·
5,455 Posts
Amen to that brother! I put on a good 5k miles last year and rode with stuff strapped down to the back (boxes, 1st set of tires, big duffle bags full of laundry, etc) to get an idea of how the bike felt.. First couple times out was a bit scary but went smooth.. By the time we went out on a ride with Danish and Bob thru the North Hills of Pittsburgh though it was all good.. She took her BRC and got her endorsement this year.. Now we just got to find her a bike.. her taking the BRC though I think will help for Deals Gap. She's a much smoother pillion this year.
dood, u better marry her or i will! :neener haha, she sounds like a keeper

another 150 miles today, they're racking up fast on the SV

·
I Hate Cold Roads
991 Posts
dood, u better marry her or i will! :neener haha, she sounds like a keeper

another 150 miles today, they're racking up fast on the SV
Speaking of racking up miles, I traded in my SV for the gsxr which had 700 miles on it last August from a local dealer. Right after that, my appendix exploded, then had some back trouble, then winter set in. Right now I have around 9400 miles on it. I think it's because I found some local riders in my area and ride a hell of a lot more than I used to when I had my SV. I did put over 16k miles on the SV within 3 years. Frequent Flyer miles are adding up even more quickly with this bike!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Speaking of racking up miles, I traded in my SV for the gsxr which had 700 miles on it last August from a local dealer. Right after that, my appendix exploded, then had some back trouble, then winter set in. Right now I have around 9400 miles on it. I think it's because I found some local riders in my area and ride a hell of a lot more than I used to when I had my SV. I did put over 16k miles on the SV within 3 years. Frequent Flyer miles are adding up even more quickly with this bike!
I can attest to the fact that the miles are adding up quickly. When i'm behind you and you don't slow down to about 90 mph until you are entering a turn.:bowdown

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I can attest to the fact that the miles are adding up quickly. When i'm behind you and you don't slow down to about 90 mph until you are entering a turn.:bowdown
RC has been watching and learning.

·
Pillion Cam
206 Posts
nearly 12k miles of saddle time for my rookie season last year and I'm at about 6k so far this year.. Could you imagine if I had my OEM Battlax or some Diablo Corsas on.. I'd be changing the tires every 6 to 8 weeks..lol

Too bad its mostly slab commuting :cry

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts

·
I Hate Cold Roads
991 Posts
Yep, I slow down for a split second to find a nice entry point, then accelerate to 'ludicrous speed' while taking the curve! Sorry about the flames I leave behind on the road. It's a good exercise for those behind me to practice their dodging objects in the road!

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I just might try to find it tomorrow! I'll find where the best spots on it to pass you are!
:eek:nfloor

I never knew you did stand up. :lao

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
961 - 980 of 1170 Posts