Sport Bikes banner

941 - 960 of 1170 Posts

·
I Hate Cold Roads
991 Posts
New helmet. EXO-400 Tsunami. Had this goofy orangy-red band along the neck of it. Cannibalized my older exo-700 warrior for its black band. Much nicer! The red is fantastic. I like the black look to match the bike, but a hint of red as well.

The finish on it is astounding. And it's very comfortable. It's the newer 2007 model 400, and seems to weigh less than my 400 model 'Sting'. It feels lighter as well. I doubt I'll ever have a need for a more expensive helmet!
And another:

·
5,455 Posts
wow, thats a nice looking lid! i'm glad Scorpion is finally coming out with some decent designs, they're first graphic models were pretty sad. i'm hoping they come out with another "premium" model since i was pretty disappointed with the EXO-1000. i wanted to like it so bad because of the dual visors and pump thing but it was just too big and heavy.

i still rock my EXO-400 on shorter rides (plain light silver with a couple things airbrushed on it), but the Shark is just so much lighter so its easier on my neck for longer rides.

·
I Hate Cold Roads
991 Posts
wow, thats a nice looking lid! i'm glad Scorpion is finally coming out with some decent designs, they're first graphic models were pretty sad. i'm hoping they come out with another "premium" model since i was pretty disappointed with the EXO-1000. i wanted to like it so bad because of the dual visors and pump thing but it was just too big and heavy.

i still rock my EXO-400 on shorter rides (plain light silver with a couple things airbrushed on it), but the Shark is just so much lighter so its easier on my neck for longer rides.
I'm not kidding, it pleasantly surprised me. It's even much better looking in person! I added the black matte twist-plates? from my 400 Sting helmet, added the quick-release tab from my original 700 helmet. I'm thinking of adding the black S emblem-thingy from my Sting helmet as well, but don't want to destroy either removing it. Looks like it's glued on. I tried it on tonight to compare, it definitely weighs a touch less than the 2006 Sting 400.

·
5,455 Posts
i've been polishing the hell outa my Scorpion trying to get it to look just right. the clear coat the air brush guys put on it wasn't that good, so i've been going at it with a ton of different polishes. just a little at a time though, i'm so scared to rub the custom stuff right off!

i'll try to get some pics when i'm not feeling so lazy

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Looks nice RC. I love my AGV but that Arai I showed you is calling me! :D

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Save yourself some bucks! There's a few color schemes for the Tsunami model. At least try one on!
This one ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!! She will be mine one day.........

Attachments

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Hey Mikey, you should send some of the new pics I took today to Paul, or give him a link. I just got finished with some maintenance and case cover repair and gave it a quick cleaning. I like how far it's come, and it isn't finished yet.

This is how it came, no fairings on it:

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
This is how the bike sits today! I'm ecstatic at the progress (on a tight budget) has been, and today I took pics because I realized I never really had true update pics:

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Yea, and it's faster than the GSuxX-R :twofinger

:bitchslap

Actually, it runs better than ever after I finally tightened the chain to proper spec. No more mishifts, weird noises, or clunky gearbox!
You get her sorted out and we can swap one night. Problem is, you won't want to give "Sophia" back. :D

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
You get her sorted out and we can swap one night. Problem is, you won't want to give "Sophia" back. :D
Ya, and the 900RR will kill your upper back, ergos aren't the same as Sophia. Although you'll probably like the snap on the 900RR above 8k, it really is nice.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Ya, and the 900RR will kill your upper back, ergos aren't the same as Sophia. Although you'll probably like the snap on the 900RR above 8k, it really is nice.
You haven't lived to you have ridden her hard into the corners. It's almost telepathic. Unreal. I plan on keeping her for a LONG time and maybe adding an Aprilia Futura sport tourer down the road for longer trips.

·
Pillion Cam
206 Posts
HELP from Western PA peeps!!!

Odd request for those in Western PA.. Long story short I have a big ride down to Deals Gap coming on the 24th.. I've got a couple of projects I need to get done as well as the wonderful 24k maintenance and lube to do. I don't necessarily have all the tools to complete all the projects and I don't have the money to take the bike to a dealer so he/she can take my entire vacation coin..

Anyone here a got the tools and time to help me out?? I'm confident that with the right tools it wouldn't even be a weekend project.. possible doable in 1 day.. Don't get me wrong I'm willing to compensate for work done. At a bare minimum maybe I can "rent" some tools from someone?

If anyone is interested and can help please PM me.. If there is a better place to post this request please advise.

·
I Hate Cold Roads
991 Posts
Yea, and it's faster than the GSuxX-R :twofinger
SLIGHTLY faster and SLIGHTLY more horsepower than my 10 year newer bike! :bitchslap
And it BETTER be faster and have more giddy-up than a 600. Now give me a gsxr 750, then we'll talk! :gheyfight

·
5,455 Posts
looks good Cabana! i wish the newer CBR's looked as mean as the 900RR and 954RR.

i have the whole week off so i'm really looking forward to racking up some serious miles.

wish i could help Armith, but i'm not really much of a mechanic- just oil changes and chain stuff, thats about all i really do.

·
5,455 Posts
if all goes according to plan, Wednesday i'll be taking this girl that i REALLY like out to dinner, but if that falls through i'll let ya know.

941 - 960 of 1170 Posts