Sport Bikes banner

761 - 780 of 1170 Posts

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Let me know what you are working at Blockbuster this coming Friday and Saturday.

We should get the enduros out for a run.

·
Registered
581 Posts
What Blockbuster you work at?? Might have met ya already..........

BTW your post about how the CBR900 felt reminded me of the first seat time I had with my RC51 last year. I'm going about 110 MPH on the highway in third gear thinking WTF are the three other gears for?? Heck even after I re-geared it I still never had to get out of third.

My R6 on the other hand gets shifted like a mo-fo - tho your could ride around in the first two-three gears if you don't mind hearing it scream(and it loves to scream)

·
Pillion Cam
206 Posts
Got my cat put back together last Thursday.. approx 600-700 miles later she is running as good as ever.. Never underestimate the power of a good air filter cleaning and cancer promoting chain scrub and oiling.. My mpg has even gone up a bit.

Now if I can just get a regularly scheduled carb sync done I'll be all set until the 22k maintenance schedule..

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Haha ya, the bike is crazy quick. I need to get it road legal for real though, I think I'm just going to do payment plans on the cheapest quote from Geico ($266). I just want to ride it and not be nervous about a random stop, which will probably screw me bad. Even so, I'm riding it into work tomorrow morning haha.

I work at the Blockbuster on Cedar crest and Tilghman at the West Village center, Monday through Friday, 10 AM til 5PM. It's a job, not great, but not horrible either. Pay sucks, but it's better than not getting paid or working at all.

Sweet YZF600...I wanted one so bad. Cheapest I could find though was $3,000 for a 1998 with 24,000 miles on it. I was still tempted to get it somehow haha.

Just some updated pics of the bike (now with 100% more windscreen!). It's dirty from the Saturday ride with the CSBA guys:

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
I have both jobs today :( Morning is Blockbuster, night I do the Hospital (where I am now)

Not fair. Tomorrow after work though, I get a few hours to ride solo....who wants to join?

*cancel, apparently rain is moving in*

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I have both jobs today :( Morning is Blockbuster, night I do the Hospital (where I am now)

Not fair. Tomorrow after work though, I get a few hours to ride solo....who wants to join?

*cancel, apparently rain is moving in*
Levi, the Aprilia will be good to go probably by Friday.

The new parts for the ZR were ordered today for the gear shift lever.

And to top it off, I broke the oil filter retaining bolt doing an oil change on the KLX. I hope Scott or Blocker's has them or it will sit until then.

I can't win.

·
Life begins at 40
487 Posts
Wait, what's wrong with the Aprilia?

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Minor stuff. She runs like the stallion she is. I really need a rear tire and probably a front for her.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I had to ride all the way down to Montgomeryville Cycle to get the stupid bolt. $.85 and I probably went through $7 in gas. UGH!

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
The ZR ran well, and the gear shifter held up fine. Still putting new parts on it when they come in. Hit a giant pot hole outside Quakertown on 309. Tire and wheel look OK. No shakes when I hit I-78.

·
you smokin track?
868 Posts
I ordered a bunch of stuff from sportbiketrack gear on friday and I have received tires, a upper fairing stay, stomp grip and my duzus already. All I am waiting on is glass. STG is realy on top of things. I paid about $10 more than the cheapest price I could find on
2cts but shipping was free. can beat um for the service.
matt

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the Rangers. Just less then the Flyers.

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
wow, thats rare a Devils fan. there aren't even many of those in NJ.
I have been a Devils fan since the 80's. I still have my red, white, & green jersey, along with a new red, white, & black one.

·
Life begins at 40
487 Posts
Jesus hates the Devils. And the Yankees.

761 - 780 of 1170 Posts