Sport Bikes banner

741 - 760 of 1170 Posts

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
The specs fit me and what I want perfectly.

Good mileage?: Check!
Good Looks? : Check!
60-90 HP? : Check!
Low end tq?: Check!
Not 26 Yrs. old? : Check!

The only negatives I have heard are the gas gauge light, uncomfy seat (hello Corbin!) and clanky trans when just strolling along...apparently the more pressure int he trans, the better it shifts..ironically just like the Subaru I have :lao

·
Registered
581 Posts
No Rt. 211 goes from exit 264 on I81 and goes all the way past Skyline drive (Shenandoah National Park) . You go up and down two big mountain ranges, unreal roads look just like Deal's Gap. Skyline drive is insane too- however 1. WAAAAY too many deer and 2. HUGE dropoffs if you mess up. Skyline drive turns into the Blue Ridge Parkway

BTW get that 650r!!

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
No Rt. 211 goes from exit 264 on I81 and goes all the way past Skyline drive (Shenandoah National Park) . You go up and down two big mountain ranges, unreal roads look just like Deal's Gap. Skyline drive is insane too- however 1. WAAAAY too many deer and 2. HUGE dropoffs if you mess up. Skyline drive turns into the Blue Ridge Parkway

BTW get that 650r!!
Gotchya.

And trust me, I want that 650R so badly.... It's better in every aspect (except weight) and gets better MPG... I might stab for one come mid summer, I don't have the money now.

·
5,455 Posts
no love for the SV650S???
i was dead set on the 650R myself, but i prefer the look and feel of clipons versus handlebars. the SV also has a tad more power and i think weighs a little less.
the Ninja is definitely a pretty bike though. at least take a look at an SV and see if you can get test rides on them both.

i know you'll be happy with either, they're great bikes

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Bleh...I don't know. I can't make up my mind now. I won't lie, I think the 650R is worlds better looking, and has great MPG, but some quick research on google again, showed that the SV650 makes similar MPG numbers, on a lighter frame, with more hP. Of course, there is the huge cult following of the SV as well... Pre-02 model SV's get up to 50 MPG, and the 650R gets 58 as a ceiling...I guess that isn't a huge difference, and both are better than the 28 MPG Subaru.

On a sidenote, I got to clean a dead duck out of a drain for a pond this morning. It got sucked in somehow and drowned...kinda sucks. The do make a great plug for a pond drainage pipe though :lao I feel bad now.

·
THE BIG CHEEZE
2,744 Posts
Gotchya.

And trust me, I want that 650R so badly.... It's better in every aspect (except weight) and gets better MPG... I might stab for one come mid summer, I don't have the money now.
woot woot, this mans getting a sportbike...

I have the deal of a century for you if you want to take it...

check your pm box...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hi all!! just thought i'd drop in and give a shout out for the SV650s :) my first ride.. she's in another female riders hands now!! :)

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
woot woot, this mans getting a sportbike...

I have the deal of a century for you if you want to take it...

check your pm box...
I found my next bike, and I'm picking it up hopefully Friday night. It is just about the exact opposite of what my goals for a bike were. I wanted medium power, upright riding position, good mileage, regular gas, and lightweight. What I got was:

:banana:eek:nfloor:bowdown:banana

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Fireblade HO!!!

Congrats!!
Mikey hooked me the heck up! I got an insane deal on the bike. It was lowsided so plastics are beat up, and the left clip on is bent, but the frame doesn't have a scratch and the forks look straight. With what cosmetic damage there is, it'll be fun to work on and ride of course :banana

If all goes according to plan, I will be picking the bike and it's various items Friday around 6... taking it home, and hopefully glueing and fixing all the plastics and letting them sit overnight. Next day they will get a nice sanding and hopefully a glazing from a handtorch to gloss them back up.

I foresee the bike running and back together by Sunday :cheers

·
5,455 Posts
weather looks OK this weekend, i can't wait! hopefully i'll be picking up my helmet on friday. i decided to get something kinda simple airbrushed on my plain silver Scorpion helmet. don't worry, i'll have pics when i get it

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Bike is running, and I already started fixing the plastics...I waste no time!

I found out today I didn't get accepted to my Radiology program this year :( I'm a little sad about that, but it is an opportunity to square away all my debt and save money for when I get into my major next year. By then I won't have ANY payments AT ALL, which will be a huge relief. I also will get the rest of my General Education courses out of the way and raise my GPA to be more competitive next year.

Anyone have an extra Double Bubble Windscreen for a 98 900RR?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I found my next bike, and I'm picking it up hopefully Friday night. It is just about the exact opposite of what my goals for a bike were. I wanted medium power, upright riding position, good mileage, regular gas, and lightweight. What I got was:

:banana:eek:nfloor:bowdown:banana
that was my first bike
1996 with a 1998 motor
congrats!

·
you smokin track?
868 Posts
spring has sprung. Got the oil changed in both bikes. Maybe I will see you guys at first sunday in ephrata.
matt

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Got to ride the CBR900RR today for the first time! Put a total of 150 miles on it for the entire day's worth of riding. This bike is insane, just really soo much bike for the road. The engine just pulls from 4k RPMs up til 10K, like a freight train between 5.5k and up... wow. The corbin saddle did a great job of keeping my butt satisfied, but I was fatiguing close to 150 miles, just not used to anything about the bike. Transmission is a bit notchier than I expected, but it could be the cheap oil I'm using; It gets Rotella 5W40 Synth when the paycheck comes in Friday.

Not going to lie, did a 3rd gear pull just to see what the powerband was like...Query: Why did Honda bother with the last 3 gears? :lao I tipped 105 MPH and had gear left.

The bike definitely needs a second set of rear turn signals though...the PO did an integrated light system with the taillight and it is impossible to see while riding, a car will be less likely to see it. Off to CycleGear I will go.

Ohh, Baron... Did I see you at the Shell right next to Northwestern Lehigh High School on Rt. 309? I saw an all black R6 and I nodded, and he nodded back, so I don't know if it was you or not. Whoever it was, I think they stopped at the bar in New Tripoli.

·
you smokin track?
868 Posts
Not going to lie, did a 3rd gear pull just to see what the powerband was like...Query: Why did Honda bother with the last 3 gears? :lao I tipped 105 MPH and had gear left.
yeah the b***** bikes are kinda sick. when I had stock gearing on the 1k it would not hit the rev limiter till 104mph in 1st gear. If it wasn't for the gear indicator I wouldn't realize it had 6th gear.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nah Cabanaboy I actually haven't had my bike out for a couple of weeks. Fishing season plus any spare time I have I spend with my daughter who's here visiting.

Getting warm so when she goes back to mom I'll be out everyday :banana

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
Levi we need to get another ride together. Glad to hear the CBR is running good.

·
SV650 WEEEEEEEE
2,680 Posts
Pffft, fishing :neener Definitely spend time with the daughter, we'll be here all summer to ride, she's more important of course :)

Dan, we'll definitely get some more stuff together for rides. Right now I think I'm going to try and find a different job since Blockbuster is starting to suck, so I don't know what my availability will be in a few weeks. I'll be riding into work as much as possible though, that I know.

741 - 760 of 1170 Posts