Sport Bikes banner

581 - 600 of 1170 Posts

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #581
The bugs are very bad this way also. I have not bothered to wash the bike in the last month it is filthy. I will give her a nice bath and wax before winter so she will be nice and clean for the first ride of the year.

·
5,454 Posts
gonna be a cold ride back from school today!
i always wear underarmour or the like under my leathers, so when i came up to school on sunday, i was wearing the heatgear stuff since was 90*. its barely 50 right now! i'll just have to tuck in a little. doesn't even take me an hour anyways, so it shouldn't be too bad i hope. wish i had my new gloves with me right now.

·
Registered
737 Posts
g34343greg said:
gonna be a cold ride back from school today!
Hang in there...:smilierr

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
I am still riding the bike I won't put it away until it starts snowing. I went a bought a pair of chaps to take the chill out of my legs and they work great. I am not a big fan of chaps but if they let me ride longer I am all for them.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have a pair of Ballistic 5.0 pants that I wear. Since they are waterproof they are good at keeping my legs warm. When it gets real cold, I'll wear a pair of sweats over my jeans. I'll ride in upper 30's...

·
Registered
765 Posts
10 day forecast on the weather channel has all highs near 70 so i think we're good for october!

I am winterizing my bikes November 4th no matter what because I'll be back at my parents that weekend. They have a three car garage and give me one bay in the winter.

·
Registered
737 Posts
my next days off are 23, 24, 25, 26, 31, 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 so lets pick one and go to 250.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i'm going for my first ride since my accident this coming Saturday! :woot i'm pretty excited and nervous all at once. one of my friends is letting me ride his gs500, so at least i won't be dealing with a different bike :lol

i got a job as a part-time photographer at the college i'm attending, so i'm pretty stoked about that too. :D now that i've got a foot in the door, i'm hoping i can do well enough to advance up within the department.

·
5,454 Posts
riding wasn't too bad. this has been the coldest i've rode with the 650 so far, and the wind protection is alot better. i didn't hardly even get a chill during any of my riding this weekend. the wind does hit me in the neck though, which feels good for a little, but cold after a while. i'm probably getting a double bubble or something for it this winter.

i picked up a tank protector and i need to order some Stomp Grip pads. being so short i find myself sitting right at the tank the whole time, so i was getting some marks on it. i like keeping my stuff pretty, so i had to get something.

2,5xx miles on it now!

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #591
g34343greg said:
riding wasn't too bad. this has been the coldest i've rode with the 650 so far, and the wind protection is alot better. i didn't hardly even get a chill during any of my riding this weekend. the wind does hit me in the neck though, which feels good for a little, but cold after a while. i'm probably getting a double bubble or something for it this winter.

i picked up a tank protector and i need to order some Stomp Grip pads. being so short i find myself sitting right at the tank the whole time, so i was getting some marks on it. i like keeping my stuff pretty, so i had to get something.

2,5xx miles on it now!
Tie a bandanna around your neck and it will keep the chill off your neck. I do this in the morning when I am going to work.

·
5,454 Posts
i have something to wear under my helmet that covers my neck, but like the rest of my coldweather stuff, it was on the floor at my house.

·
Registered
737 Posts
perfect day to ride to work...but, I'm under the weather :(

·
5,454 Posts
this weekend was my "fall break". i didn't have class thursday or friday, but the weather was pretty shitty. i sold my lil Ninja, though, so i'm pretty happy about that.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #595
I pulled mine in for a valve job and I need tires chain and sprockets so It's away for the season.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Went to Brady's Bend today...

This is the only shot that I really liked...

·
5,454 Posts
i've rode up to East Brady a few times. AMAZING view!
my new windscreen showed up a couple days ago so i'm going to put it on this weekend and maybe go take some new pics of the bike. i got some stomp grip pads on the way too, hopefully they'll be waiting for me when i get home.

·
mmm mmm good...
6,958 Posts
coon: thats the lookout...i grew up 15 minutes from there. ya gotta watch 68...last time on there i found gravel everywhere.....frickin' people kicking the shit onto the roads from their driveways and such. but there are a few nice sweepers on the trip.....

·
5,454 Posts
weather should be halfway decent this weekend... i hope. i really want to get out at least a little. chance of rain tomorrow morning, but sunday looks real nice

581 - 600 of 1170 Posts