Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local cycle shop has one in solid yellow brand new. I negoiated a price of $269.00 all cash no tax. I just wanted to ask others if this was a good choice. I liked the way it fit me a lot better than the HJC I use. Thanks.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I've had mine a month now (I think) and I love it! It vents very well, and was worlds quieter then my old Fulmer lid (which was kinda like riding with no helmet...) I havent found anything wrong with my RF1000 yet. I love it more then life.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have the Zemke version of the RF1000. I have never owned another street helmet, but I will tell you that I'm 100% satisfied with my Shoei. Just make sure it fits well and I'm relatively certain you will be satisfied.

Wind drag is not a problem - the only time I even notice it is when I do head checks at freeway speeds. Other than that, I've ridden for about 150 miles one day and experienced no neck fatigue.

Ventilation is good. There are two vents up front above the visor and a vent in back to allow (or disallow) airflow through the top, which really helps. There also is a vent near the mouth, which I always keep open so the visor will stay clear. So far the only time I have trouble with fogging is at night if I'm moving slowly - then I just open the visor one notch b/c I'm not going fast enough to worry about wind. The top two vents are enough for controlling air flow. If I am out at night and it gets cool, I'll just close those two and be fine. Otherwise I leave them open and don't ever feel uncomfortable. I don't know that it's absolutely cool inside on hot days, but I've never felt the urge to tear the helmet off as soon as I got stopped or anything like that.

Anything else you want to know? Just email me, actually. [email protected] As you can see, I definately recommend this helmet. I paid more than you will (esp. due to the graphics), but I think it's worth what I paid, and definately is worth what you quoted.

Yeah, I forgot about that. It is rather quiet. I haven't been wearing earplugs and I've done fine unless I ride for extended periods. If I ride for a very long time, I do notice it a bit, but for regular riding it's no problem at all. If you're taking a trip, just put in some cheap ear plugs if the wind noise bothers you, but it is rather quiet.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have one, and I really like it. I purchased mine from Helmet Harbor for 260 (i think), so if you want a different color you could try them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I prefer the Rf900. Just fits my head better. The 1000 seems to be a bit more roomy, I noticed it. You guys probably dont.

The main reason I like the 900 model better is its better for people who wear glasses. Just fits better.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
That's a great price they're giving you. For that $$ I doubt you'll find a better helmet.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a RF-1000 Voltage and extremely happy with it. It provides good ventilation and does not give me neck or head pains. I think you have a great deal, so my suggestion would be to take it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i got a rf1000 storm from helmet harbot ($320) i love it. fits very nice. comfortable. nice ventilation. it's my first helmet but i'm pretty sure this is better than a lot of other helmets out there. i'ts pretty quiet too.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a brand new RF1000 voltage from helmetharbor also. It fits well and is nice and quiet. Seems pretty lightweight and my glasses fit well with it on too. Most reviews comment that it is the best helmet you can get for the dollar spent. Try them on at the local shop before you buy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
$315 at www.motoemporium.com

I just picked up the Shoei RF1000 Voltage in Gray/Black (TC-5) from www.motoemporium.com for $315 (free shipping). I basically told her what I wanted to pay, not sure how low she would have went! Let you know how I like it in a week or so.

Ron

·
Registered
725 Posts
Love mine, hate where I bought it from bikeguru1300 on ebay. Cheap if you want to take the chance. right now its 259 with buy it now at 269

1 - 13 of 13 Posts