Sport Bikes banner

Shoei RF-1000 fog?

1K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  fiveninerzero 
#1 ·
I just bought my first bike, I also just bought my first helmet. I bought a RF-1000, and I love the feel of it. I hate the fact i can't put the shield down, because after my first breath the shield becomes covered. They told me when I bought it, all the air vents prevent the inside from fog, WRONG!!! Even at 50mph, same thing happens. I have tried every fog wipe, spray, whatever, and nothing, I mean nothing works.

Anyone had any luck with the PinLock shield system???

tom

#4 ·
+ 1 for the breath guard which might even come standard with the RF-1000.

This may sound really lame, but I've also noticed that new riders tend to breathe heavily. I did as well. Try to pay attention to your breathing and exhale downward. Train yourself not to fog up the shield. Also make sure that both the chin and eyebrow vents are both open. :)

#5 ·
The breath guard does come standard. It doesn't work completely but it helps. I usually just open the shield when I come to a stop to prevent it from fogging over. Otherwise when moving I don't have a problem.

+1 to training yourself on breathing downward or calmly. It is the best method for fighting the fog.

#6 ·
Get the fog shield

I find breath guards useless on extreme cold days. Get the Fog City Hyper Optiks Light Reactive Anti-Fog visor insert. I've been using this for 4 years now and every helmet I get/have (I too have the RF1000 among others) has this. I opt for the "light reactive" which saves me so much time swapping tinted shields and/or getting caught at night. It's great stuff!

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcbeware/03_Supervisor/index.motml

#8 ·
Stallion Motorsports said:
I just bought my first bike, I also just bought my first helmet. I bought a RF-1000, and I love the feel of it. I hate the fact i can't put the shield down, because after my first breath the shield becomes covered. They told me when I bought it, all the air vents prevent the inside from fog, WRONG!!! Even at 50mph, same thing happens. I have tried every fog wipe, spray, whatever, and nothing, I mean nothing works.
tom
Try a Fog City Fog Shield
http://www.helmetharbor.com/fogcity/fogcityinfopage.htm

#11 ·
Mine only fogs when I look down while breathing. By down, I mean down at my gas tank or to make sure my fly is zipped. The fog is immediately gone the second I look up. I think it also happens when I look left or right in a certain position and fogs only on one side when I do that but the fog is also gone almost immediately. I use the breath guard (as mentioned, it comes standard) and the chin webbing thing (also standard). Doesn't seem to matter if I have the vents opened or not. I'm sure it would happen less with vents open... I just haven't noticed.. Also seems that it happens much less now that it's getting warmer and maybe not at all anymore... now that I think about it.

jimundascores

#19 ·
spartikus said:
mine never fogs i have a scorpion
scorpions have the coating on them, nobody asked you anything, go back into your corner fool

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.