Sport Bikes banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a few helmets, among them a shoei Tz which I like and wear on the freeway, but it is hot. I also own a HJC(from Harley), it is the kind that the whole face opens, but I am going to have to retire it as the padding has streched out and now the helmet lifts up when riding over 40mile per hour.
So I am going to but another Shoei, I am between the RF-1000 and the Z-2. They both look alike, and more aerodynamic than my TZ, and removable chin pads. Does anyone have experience with either?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a rf1000....I love it. Kinda loud at higher speeds, but I think that might be an issue with all helmets...I just wear earplugs. Very comfy, good venting, doesn't get hot either. I leave it sometimes in the sun on my bike, if I'm at the gym. The outside is hot (its black) but the inside isn't.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I have the Z1 and 2 and I've tried the 1000.

There's not but a few ounces of weight difference between the 3 and all are very comfy enough to wear all day.I did notice that the range of vision on the 1000 seemed to be a little better

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
I own a RF1000 in metallic black myself and I have to say I'm glad I forked out the money to get one. It is pretty light, comfy, aerodynamic, the peripherals are good, the lens is a snap to remove and clean, the removable chin pads are a plus, and the finish on a Shoei is just awesome.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Ive got a hjc cj-12. I like it its got good air flow. I am however going to get one of those rf 1000's one of these days.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I, too, have the RF-1000. And, on cold days, the ventilation is so good that your head freezes. I think above 45MPH you stop hearing your bike and start hearing the wind unless you wind it up real nice.

·
Super Nibber
501 Posts
I have an RF-1000 also. It fits MY head perfectly, and the ventilation is adequate. It seems fairly quiet for something that catches wind at 80 mph, but I also wear earplugs. I believe Shoei has another lid that has a smaller profile, which I would probably consider next time i have an extra 300 dollars.

As you have probably read, TRY ON several different manufactures to see what fits YOUR head.

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
RF1000 on Sale at CycleGear.com

CycleGear is having a sale on RF1000s. The solids are going for 285.59 which is lower than what I got mine for. The sale ends July 27th and you have to enter a promotional code of 5616. Just a heads up for anyone looking to get one.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do you ride with the cheek pads out on hot days? Is that okay? Or is the removal only for cleaning?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts