Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed recently that sometimes when i try to shift from first to second using the clutch the bike will go into neutral even with a good amount of force upwards. Then cruising in neutral if i try to hit it up to 2nd again it just makes a loud trying to shift sound and stays in neutral ... I have to wait a sec just cruising in neutral and then eventually it will shift into 2nd but it sounds kinda harsh when it does... It doesnt happen every time i shift and rarely happens if i shift without the clutch, my newbie riding skills or mechanical error??? ( '02 gsxr 600 ) thanks.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
try taking the load off the tranny by letting off the gas and then going fron neutral to second should go right in with no problem

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i have to do once it happens i let off the throttle cruise in neutral for a little then shift.. the problem is that i shouldnt be hitting neutral when shifting to 2nd

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I could be a bent fork or something like that but I've had that problem with all the bikes I have ever owned I have heard of people replacing there shift forks and stuff but I never did. I just shift a little harder going from 1st to 2nd. (this is a common compaint on Kawis)

·
Registered
681 Posts
First, yeah probably 'newbie soft foot'......

Second, you can adjust the shifter down some and it should help.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I've had that problem on a R6 before and a couple of hondas but I just got use to using alittle more force and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Click it harder. The most difficult shift is first to second. You have to press it firmly and positively to make it happen.

·
ok, who farted?
559 Posts
i have that problem too, i goes into neutral if i don't shift with force....i hate it when i don't notice it has gone into neutral and i hit the throttle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts