Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gixxer Nerd
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my FZ6 a moth ago. This is my first bike. I have about 300 miles on it and I found it almost impossible to shift to neutral or 1st when the bike is stopped (lets say a traffic light). This happens every now and then. I end up taking off on second gear.
Another issue is a clicking noise that seems to come from the front end of the bike. It seems that it happens when the bike is warm. Otherwise I am having a BLAST with this bike. Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
There are two topics linked at the top of this forum that will probably awnser your questions. Your shifting question is any quick and easy one though. Just let out the clutch slightly, and then back it. It will spin the gears slightly enough, and then you can shift with no problem. As you get more and more miles on the back, you will see this issue less and less.

·
Gixxer Nerd
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for pointing me on the right links (I am either almost blind or stupid). :alky

·
Registered
88 Posts
1. Ticking from the front: Dealer told me that the brake caliper is mounted in a rubber stand so it can move slightly. This can cause a slight tick when driving over bumps (only audible at low speeds.)
2. Shifting issue: Try to pull on the clutch and just slightly push the bike forward. It will pop right in. After the first service when they change the oil the problem is gone...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts