Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have worn the shifter rubber down to a nub, what do most do when it happens?
I looked and you can order one but I am a DIY kind of person, does anyone have any DIY ideas for this?
I found vinyl hoses that I can stack to make one, going to use them and see how it goes, otherwise I might make a billet aluminum one. Thoughts.

·
Awesomeness, Inc.
679 Posts
I lost the rubber shifter pad last year when I lowsided at the track and the bike went into the grass. Wrapped some duct tape around it and I was back in business. :p

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I lost the rubber shifter pad last year when I lowsided at the track and the bike went into the grass. Wrapped some duct tape around it and I was back in business. :p
Thanks for the tip.

I think I found a solution, will post results with pictures after a ride this weekend.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The OEM part cost just a couple dollars.
I know, just the dealer is 40 miles away, and internet charges outrageous shipping.
Anyways I think I found a DIY solution, I took vinyl hoses and made one.
I used 3 sizes of hose, first one was a black vinyl that just fit over the shifter peg, I then slid a clear one over the black one and then one more clear one slightly larger than the last to make it the right thickness. So far so good rode about 100 miles and it worked great, one thing is it doesn't mark my boots with the black rubber mark the rubber one did. Can make about 10 of them for 3 bucks total.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts