Sport Bikes banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys and gals, im having some trouble with my shifter on my zx9. it feels as though its somehow disconnected. ill kick the shifter down into first gear and the lever just stays down, once i manage to get my toe underneath it i can kick it up into 2nd but when i try to shift into third it just feels hard and wont go into third gear. Bike's away for the season and will be in my bedroom for the winter soon so id like to try to get this fixed, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Most bikes, under the clutch, is the shifter arm assembly(the shifter shaft is welded to this... There is a SPRING that returns the assembly to center after the shifter has been pushed up or down.. It could possibly be this spring broke and is not functioning....

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Might be because you're a cracker!

But yea it could be loose, the spring is damaged or could it have somehow gotten bent?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Had the same issue on my '93 ZX6E - its what TownsendsFJR1300 said.

Look at this fiche, I think it's number 92145 or 92144. 92144 you should be able to see after removing the clutch cover, looks 92145 requires pulling the selector shaft out, which means the clutch assembly needs to come out.

http://www.montgomeryvillecc.com/fiche_section_detail.asp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts