Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf wants to start riding but she tippy toes on teh bike, i've heard of shaving the seat to get some more leg length, how much can you shave the seat and how would you go about doing this?

·
Registered
118 Posts
How much you can shave the seat is going to depend on the seat itself. Just take a look at it, look at the shape of the seat pan, and guess at how much foam is there, and how much you need to keep to stay comfortable. Then, just unstaple the cover, shave it with something like an electric knife or just a regular knife. Recover it with some glue and give it a shot.

·
Registered
456 Posts
rememer when you shave the padding you lose comfort. and women need softness for their booties :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quik said:
rememer when you shave the padding you lose comfort. and women need softness for their booties :)
My girl got a thick booty so i just might take teh entire seat off!:eek:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Does she have a bike already? What is it? How tall is she? inseam length etc.

Some careful shaving can be done and in some cases slightly narrowing at the front (nose) may help when she puts feet down at a stop.

If you are not sure about doing it you might find a local car upholstery shop to help or send the saddle out to someplace like Sargents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts