Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, decided I need a new helmet (if only to have two of em, just in case). I have thoroughly enjoyed my Shark RSI. I thought Shark had pulled out of pretty well everywhere in North America, but STG still offers Shark helmets. Namely, their lineup of new ones. the Pro, Speed, and Vision R.
the Pro and Speed are both not something I am interested in. for price (a Pro is a 630+duty affair) and for looks, and for aero reasons (the speed looks like a terribly "dragged" helmet, to me anyway).

the Vision though, has a nice look, a cheaper price (330 I think it was), is available, and, apparently, has the widest viewing angle out there, according to Shark. And meets the same standards and weighs the same amount as the other two.

My question is, has anyone tried it out? Complaints?

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
I have not tried it out, but I've heard nothing but good things about Sharks. That being said, I'm also looking to get a new helmet soon, the Schuberth C3 is calling my name!

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, the visor is a selling point for me. I ride a TON at dawn/dusk, and I wouldn't mind going to a non tinted set of glasses again. the oakleys I have use transitions lenses, but they take a while to return to normal once they are tinted, so I am walkin round blind for 20 minutes anyway.

integrated visor and still weighs less than a Shoei/Arai/Bell, as far as I know.

Haven't found anything bad about em. So i think I'll size one up and order away when i can afford it. My RSi certainly has been a good lid.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
i have an rsi and rs2r but havent tried the new ones yet. im interested as well though.

i actually kind of like the new hjc helmets. they have come along way in quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts