Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Shark Kage is the ultimate loading ramp that does so much more than just load up your bike. Shark Kage can be transformed into 6 amazing features including a high capacity loading ramp, cargo box, bed extender, cargo cover, work table, and a sun shade. The Shark Kage attaches directly to your tailgate so you don't have to worry about the ramp sliding out from under you and it is so secure you can ride your bike right into the bed! When fully extended the Shark Kage is 92 inches long with a positive arch which makes loading any bike extremely easy. If you want to learn more about the Shark Kage visit our website at https://sharkkage.com/ What do you guys think of the Shark Kage? What other ways could you guys use the Shark Kage???

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
For my motocross bike, I'd have to say I'd never use it. The problem with ramps intended for quads is that they're so damn big and take up way to much space. When hauling my motocross bike and all my gear I feel much more secure when I can have the tailgate up so I don't start loosing my toolbox, bike stand, gear bag, or any of the other usual items.

For a fullsize streetbike it seems to have some potential. Being able to walk the bike up by yourself is a decent selling point.

All this kind of depends on the price though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For my motocross bike, I'd have to say I'd never use it. The problem with ramps intended for quads is that they're so damn big and take up way to much space. When hauling my motocross bike and all my gear I feel much more secure when I can have the tailgate up so I don't start loosing my toolbox, bike stand, gear bag, or any of the other usual items.

For a fullsize streetbike it seems to have some potential. Being able to walk the bike up by yourself is a decent selling point.

All this kind of depends on the price though.
What is cool about it is that you can have the Shark Kage folded into the bed extender mode which comes with nets for the sides to secure anything loose that may want to work its way out. We have jumped our truck with a bike in the back while in bed extender mode and it held everything perfectly. It has a lot more functionality than just a ramp and can be used for endless things.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
the table and or shade for trackdays would be nice. Less shit to pack and unpack. BUT at $500 I highly doubt I'll be purchasing one.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
How much does it weigh? It doesn't look like it extends the bed very much. I think I'd take a Ready Ramp for $200 less

·
Short Yellow bus rider
223 Posts
I might have not searched in the right places, but what is the Max weight limit for the tailgate of a let's say F150 of Dodge Ram 1500? Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I might have not searched in the right places, but what is the Max weight limit for the tailgate of a let's say F150 of Dodge Ram 1500? Thanks.
We have actually researched this for quite a while and it is not easy to find any definite weight limit capacity for the strength of the tailgates/cables. Even from Ford or Dodge themselves we can't find that info. So far we have loaded up full dresser Harley's, a side by side, big utility quads, and all sorts of sort bikes. The ramp actually distributes the weight to the ground with the positive arch which makes loading a breeze.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much does it weigh? It doesn't look like it extends the bed very much. I think I'd take a Ready Ramp for $200 less
The Shark Kage weighs 80 pounds but it very easy to manipulate. We have had smaller women use the Shark Kage with no problems. As far as the bed extender it extends the full width of the tailgate and comes with side cargo nets to hold anything that is sliding around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
awesome idea. i actually like how versatile you made it, table, extender, pseudo-canopy. wish i knew about this a long time ago.

kudos, absolute kudos.
Thank you for the great comments! We really wanted to make the most useful cargo management product that is easy, versatile, and quality. We are actually redesigning the sun shade to become a 10x10 shade. Its a little ways out but will be much better than the original design.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the table and or shade for trackdays would be nice. Less shit to pack and unpack. BUT at $500 I highly doubt I'll be purchasing one.
We are offering a discount to Sportbike.net forum members on the Shark Kage. If you guys want a discount please PM me and I can tell you the next step :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts