Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey brent..what gear were those guys using?2nd?looked faster than that though but man thats awesome stuff right there..some real talent

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
the anwser is yes.....i was riping up 3rd gear stamdups on my boys YZF600R (not the YZFR6, the 600R is its weaker lil brother) back in the day when high speed low altitude stand ups were hot......i could get the 900RR up in 5th on stock gears at 130mph.....yea thats pretty freakin fast but those were the days :)

·
Banned
38 Posts
Reckless01 said:
the anwser is yes.....i was riping up 3rd gear stamdups on my boys YZF600R (not the YZFR6, the 600R is its weaker lil brother) back in the day when high speed low altitude stand ups were hot......i could get the 900RR up in 5th on stock gears at 130mph.....yea thats pretty freakin fast but those were the days :)

yea now everybody are pussy's and do stunts at 5-15mph and put big buzzsaws on there bikes just to do wheelies,who cant do that all it takes is a piece of shit bike that u dont care about really no skill required the bike does it for you. and there is noway u got that thing up in 5th maybe shifting

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
well Kev it sounded like you were smarter than the average knee dragger for a min there (no offence to knee draggers intended jus sayin most arent too stunt savy) but imma tell you this, stunting slow is 5 times harder than ANY power wheelie ever rode....when i was learning shit like coasters and slow 12's it took all i had to keep the bike where i wanted it....any squid can rip a 80 mph wheelie on the freeway on a liter bike.....and as far as me not being able to bring my RR up in 5th i have more than a few wittnesses who were there including but not limited to Scrapyard, Madkats friend Steve, Rosco1000, Redline Laura, and more... i didnt bring it up in 3rd and shift to 3rd i brought it to 5th gear then stood up and ripped it up....rode it almost 2 miles at 100+....where my gearing was i didnt have the RPM or torque to do it any less than 130mph in 5th but after it went up i slowed down to 90-100mph....that was when i was learning to bring em up fast and slow em to 35-40mph theres no such thing as impossible man just fear. trust me brother its possible. not hatin on ya at all man just lettin ya know theres more out there than we all know :)

·
Banned
38 Posts
Yea If You Crash At 5-20 Mph That Ain't Shit Try Doing Those Stunts At 90-110 Mph Where If You Crash U Gonna Be Hurtin Like We Used To Do 3-4 Yrs Ago With The Correct Amount Of Air Pressure In The Tire That Slow Shit Is For Pussys

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
backmarkin88 said:
i agree reckless01. slow wheelies are much harder to control. but then again, the spills aren't nearly as life threatening.

this is an educated persons post^^^

Kev bro, if you wanna do power wheelies brotha more power to ya, no one is gonna stop ya and you know what we all started on the interstate doing 80mph blowbys.....now when you can post up pix of yourself doing slow stuff then ill be happy to say "yep you know what you are talking about" but untill you can actually DO it please keep your uneducated opinions to yourself ok? And i ran 25psi rear tire pressure stunting or riding, twisties i upped the psi to 35....keep it gangsta man i hope you dont learn the hard way how catastrophic looping a warp 3 power wheelie is :( ...keep it on 1 or 2 however you choose to roll..just keep it safe

·
Banned
38 Posts
What I Am Saying Is Slow Shit Is Eazy Put A Big Spocket On The Back Little One In The Front And No Air Pressure And There U Go. Nobody I Rode With Back In The Day Took Any Air Pressure Out Of There Tire. And We Still Ride High Speed Stunts In 2nd On The Interstate Takes A Little More Talent

1 - 20 of 46 Posts