Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what to get. Not shure if it is better to order offline or just go to houston. was checking this setup out http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/Combo.aspx?Combo=29 It looks pretty good and I am shure the metal would offer good protection, not to mention it does get in the 100's in freeport... any sugestions? What about helmets and boots? Never got street gear just dirt, any help is VERY much appriciated. thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
251 Posts
You can find some great deals online. Try www.newenough.com - they have a lot of good stuff with great prices. I think there's a shopping links thread around here somewhere. Personally, I have Fieldsheer leathers (perforated pants & jacket - Airspeed 3) and the Fieldsheer Mach 4 mesh/leather jacket w/pants. Here in Florida, the leather's not seeing much action at the moment, but the mesh works great at keeping cool. I'm using the leather stuff for long hauls. As for boots, I chose the Oxtar Matrix Gore Tex boots- very comfortable, armored, and not too "over the top" when wearing them off the bike. Helmet...any good Snell/DOT helmet- Shoei, Arai, HJC, etc. I have the Shoei X-11.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Freeker said:
Just wondering what to get. Not shure if it is better to order offline or just go to houston. was checking this setup out http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/Combo.aspx?Combo=29 It looks pretty good and I am shure the metal would offer good protection, not to mention it does get in the 100's in freeport... any sugestions? What about helmets and boots? Never got street gear just dirt, any help is VERY much appriciated. thanks.
I think it's cool. The important thing is it is full gear, and it got a jeans like look. I don't go for wearing jeans, they may look cool, but you go down with jeans on, most likely you be in a world of hurt.

Get the combo, and get some motorcycle boots, and you be good to go..:dblthumb

Just want to add what the other poster said about "goodenough".. they have the EXACT same gear/outfit for about $375.. that is $180 jacket, $105 pants, gloves $55 Comes out to around $340 or $345, opposed that $420+ you had posted..
ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(64 & fast)

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
CHeck out newenough. I steer clear of Icon--just seems too trendy for my tastes. but that's just me :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you stay stear clear cause of quality or looks? I like the looks myself.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'm a big fan of the timax gloves, but I have mixed feelings about the timax pant and jacket. I have the pants and have tried on the jacket...on one hand the pants are a dream for hot weather riding, but the "armor" in these is pathetic and the fit is terrible. I wear separate leg armor underneath and stuff the pants into a'stars boots, with that they are decent.

You absolutely MUST try these on before buying, icon's sizing can be f'd. Go to houston and try them on, houston kawasaki on 59 at chimney rock has them in stock generally, they definitely have the jackets...call ahead to different shops like ex-import.

Try them on here and then order them off new_enough if you like them. Personally I'd rather have leather with the timax gloves if given the choice, those gloves are good and leather pants/jacket will always protect better. At the same time, the heat will be a complete non-issue wearing this combo on the street. Breathe better than jeans, and they definitely protect better than jeans, just not like armored leather. The choice is yours...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That gives me something to think about... thanks for all the info

1 - 8 of 8 Posts