Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone know of any good shops for service or troubleshooting in Arizona? I am having trouble with my tail lights (running brake lights), they are not working?

whats a good shop that doesn't take weeks to look at the bike in Arizona?

thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there any service shops for street bikes in the North/West, West Phoenix areas. (Suprise, Glendale, Avondale, Good Year, Peoria, West Phoenix, etc.) Thanks

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
badgixxer said:
i keep hearing that about AZ Motorsports group.....
what did they do to you.....
Screwed me on warrenty items. They said that they would have to tear the motor down (approx $1500) and wouldn't guarentee that it would be covered. That was just labor. I found some else who did the work in 6hrs (not the 24hrs the dealership said) and it only cost $600 with parts.

If you can find a good mechanic not in a dealership do it. If not, look me up, I have one.

·
Registered
981 Posts
badgixxer said:
what did they do to you.....
the raped Ryan (nolimitbodnar) for about $1k for stuff that wasnt even wrong with the bike. (and overcharged for stuff that was wrong). they told him it would be ready in a day or 2 after he dropped it off...didnt touch it for a week until he called in and bitched at them to start working on it. (this is before he knew the charges). he was quoted about $400 before the works started, but of course, after they tore the bike down..."parts were more than they expected". and since it was torn apart, he had no way to take the bike to another shop cuz he already had to pay for the labor.
btw, this was at Metro Motorsports.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Outtacontrol said:
Are there any service shops for street bikes in the North/West, West Phoenix areas. (Suprise, Glendale, Avondale, Good Year, Peoria, West Phoenix, etc.) Thanks
USA motorsports is part of the AZ Motorsports group, so i dont really recommend them highly. BUT, i went to highschool with a few of the mechanics (highschool is right across the street), and they're good guys who know their shit.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Philbie said:
Screwed me on warrenty items. They said that they would have to tear the motor down (approx $1500) and wouldn't guarentee that it would be covered. That was just labor. I found some else who did the work in 6hrs (not the 24hrs the dealership said) and it only cost $600 with parts.

If you can find a good mechanic not in a dealership do it. If not, look me up, I have one.
welcome to SBN :twofinger
man those are so messed up stories i've been reading lately about AZM....

on to more important items - when are going riding again.....
and how about Oct 9th for trackday in NM :D

·
vvv HOTDOG NECK vvv
5,293 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I forgot to mention the time I needed a piece for my brake lever. Just asked them to give me the piece and I'd take care of it. They decided that the 5 minute job was worth .5hrs at $70/hr. This was done at a service so I had no idea they were doing it.

Town & Country on that one. I actually saw a guy picketting(?) T&C on day. Guess he thought he got screwed also.

I had actually purchase 3 different bike from them. They started dicking me on warrenty work so I went to a manager and explained that there wouldn't be a 4th. You think he could really give a shit?

What I'd like to do is have someone go in and pretend to buy a bike. Have them go through a bunch of trouble getting everything ready. Then have a buddy call right before you sign the papers. Act surprised that you're getting screwed :bananafu: and just leave. But why stoop to there level. :gheyfight

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
Philbie said:
What I'd like to do is have someone go in and pretend to buy a bike. Have them go through a bunch of trouble getting everything ready. Then have a buddy call right before you sign the papers. Act surprised that you're getting screwed :bananafu: and just leave. But why stoop to there level. :gheyfight
shit ,why not, that would be funny as hell especially if it was on video...... :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
you could always swing by mmi and ask an instructor or a student to look at it for you, the instructor may make it a class bike were he sits a bunch of students around it to look at what he does. it may take a few hours but it is free or close to free service

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you could always swing by mmi and ask an instructor or a student to look at it for you, the instructor may make it a class bike were he sits a bunch of students around it to look at what he does. it may take a few hours but it is free or close to free service
Thanks man, well I want to get it fixed ASAP even if I have to pay, I am going to give USA Motorsport a try off of Dystart road in Avondale, just because they said they would take a look at it today. It shouldn't take longer then an hour because everything else works, and coming from California, I had a switch that turned off all of my lights, and I think it was disabled some type of way, when I got a new head put on my bike. I don't need the switch that kills the lights out in Arizona, (I probably only used it a couple of times in Cali anyways) I just need my brake lights, so I can avoid police harrassment hear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it's true, I got my bike fixed at USA Motorsport off of DYSTART road in Avondale, the service wasnt that bad, but the price, you guys PAY WAY too much for service here. There hourly rate is "supposedly" 75 dollars an hour. It was like 65 for the diagnostics. Coming from LA most shops charge like 45 dollars an hour and that's at the know shops. Well anyways the guy that worked on my bike knew what he was doing, and he was confident about fixing it, but the service guys at the registere suck ass!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Outtacontrol said:
but the service guys at the registere suck ass!
at least u got one of the guys. i usually get that big breasted ditz that can barely operate the buttons ont he register to take my phone number down. seems most the azmotorsports group employs hot girls to run the registers, but have trouble remembering to breathe

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks for the link.
Called around to some of the dealers ships on geting my ninja 250 serviced and they where $200-250 each for first sercive. Called jeremy at Adrenaline Performance and is $100 so taking it in next week. Thanks guys.

·
ASMA Racer
2,532 Posts
way to revive a two-year-old thread...

What does your baby Ninja need for service? The factory-recommended first service?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well took my wee little 250 ninja for its first 500 mile service today to Adrenaline Performance. They were a half hour late showing up but it was well worth wait. I was out of there in a hour and it was only $95 compared to $250 the dealer ships where want to do it. You can hang around ask questions and see what they are doing and they are very friendly. I will be doing all my service with these guys great guys. They even invited to track day with them this sunday at firebird if I wanted to show and check it out which i just may do for a little while before going to work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts