Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im 18 and I want to loose weight. Not because I want to look good or anything, simply because I wanna be able to run faster. Right now im 6'4 200lbs have myself a lil gut going. Frankly just wanna loose the gut (and the start of a dbl chin eww) but I swear 2 god I can't. I run 3 miles a night every night religiously so 21 miles a week. Do 100 pushups and 100 situps a day sometimes more. I Dunno it seriously must be what I eat heh. Its just not fair I eat a piece of cake and gain 3lbs then my skinny ass friends eat 10 tacos and...well are skinny. Any1 have any kind of regimented eating plan or somethin that could help me out? Or do I need to run more?

·
Banned
436 Posts
Just be healthy and dont sweat about the fags with six-packs that go to the beach to admire their bodies.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think i am fairly healthy, i just wanna loose weight cause i figure if i drop 15 or 20 lbs ill be alot quicker runnin and have more energy. and this fall I have to pass the APFT for college army rotc (which I easily do) but my school is sending one freshmen to airborne school next summer and I want the slot. bad. I want a 300 by the time im done this year.

·
Banned
436 Posts
What college are you going to? I just graduated from HS and was in the army rotc. I've seen a couple of people do 300's on their APFT, but at your size I think it will be pretty hard. Eat smaller meals like 5-6 times a day and get your metabolism working faster. I've never tried supplements but I know people that have dropped weight or bulked up a lot easier by taking them.

·
IM A BAD ASS WITH A STICK
374 Posts
im not an expert but change your diet eat healthy foods instead of say "junk" food drink water instead of soda get a mebership to a gym and work out that would help you lose weight and firm up the gut

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im going to the university of oklahoma. ill try that 5 or 6 meals a day thing but i never know what a small meal is haha. like a bowl of cereal?

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I am in the process of getting myself "up" to lose some weight.

It takes time. I know that I have to change how I eat, and start exercising more regularly. I don't really look forward to the life change, especially in the what I eat department. I LOVE food. I eat all the time. I'm 6 foot and about 215 or so right now. I really want to get back down to about 180 like I was when I was 18 years old...it'll be tough, but I think I can do it.

The exercises that I'm gonna be getting into are as follows:
Tae-bo as much as I can
Bike riding
Kayaking
Swimming

With that exercise (right now I do none) and a little bit lower calorie intake, I think I'll be able to shed the weight that I want to.

I'm with you though, I don't care about my looks. I just want to be able to play football and stuff with my friends and not be puffing for breath after 3 plays.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i've dropped 50#'s in the past 6 months by just altering my eating schedule...as soon as i wake up, i eat like a 200calories worth of peanut butter on a piece of bread...then a few hours later, i have a piece of fruit, 2-3 hrs. later i have a 300 calorie sandwich...bread, mustard and turkey. during an entire day i take in about 1500-1800calories and i have no energy problems...basically every three hours i try to eat something small and healthy avoiding the bad fats (saturated) and sodium...basically i try to avoid processed foods at all costs...if nature didn't make it, then it's processed and most likely high in sodium, which helps you retain water and look soft...if i get hungry and it's only been an hour, i drink a tall glass of ice water. that helps keep the hunger at bay for a bit longer...i don't drink soda, i don't drink beer. i drink water. if you need soda, switch to a low/no sodium alternative...the caffeine in the soda will also act as an appetite supressant... it really takes some willpower...

also, i really haven't altered my "workout" at all...i started running...but i was just worthless at it, so i quit...6 years ago i used to be in pretty damn good shape, but then a motorcycle wreck followed by a car wreck that fucked my back up for two years and general depression and lazyness i ballooned up to 315#'s just last june...i am now 237, i don't work out (can't right now really, honestly, i can't) so i've really stuck to eating right and sticking to a schedule...revved up my bodies own metabolism and the weight has just been droping off...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yup,altering your eating schedule can help you lose weight.I dropped 30 lbs. doing it,see I work nights and usually eat a heavy breakfast of mexican food before going to bed in the morning.Now I eat only when I know I'm gonna be able to burn them calories or whatever,plus stopped chugging sodas too...

·
Registered
376 Posts
pmoney said:
im not an expert but change your diet eat healthy foods instead of say "junk" food drink water instead of soda get a mebership to a gym and work out that would help you lose weight and firm up the gut
Exactly, stay the hell away from soda, diet or not that shit will make you bloat up. Drink water, juice, whatever but don't touch soda and use a little common sense when you eat. You don't need to starve yourself either.

100 pushups and situps and running 3 miles a day is a perfect way to trim down, tone your muscles and stay quick, but you can't eat shit all day. Chicks dig toned bodies over bulky body builders and you'll be more nimble in a fight too. Oh, put a pull up bar in your doorway too (like 20 bucks at Big Five Sporting goods).

·
Pre-register sex offender
1,091 Posts
most nutritionists say loosing weight is 80% diet, 20 percent workout....

i see a bunch of guys at the gym that are there all the time but are still pudgy, and i have talked to a few of them.... they say they just cant eat right, its too hard to pass up that dessert, chips, pop, beer.....

im a sucker for a late night meal everyonce in a while which i need to quit doing, but im pretty tone right now, i just want to get my 6 pack in a little nicer...

i have probably only drank 2-3 2 litres worth of pop in the last 3 years.... a nice cold glass of good water owns....

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
I lost alot just rollerblading about 9-10 miles a day..... only takes about 45 min and is low impact..... You actually use more muscles roller blading than you do running.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
Make sure you do a speed workout at least once a week. Talk to some track guys that you know and they will hook you up. Nothing like doing sprints to cut down your 2 mile time.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Being thin to skinny all of my life I can only tell you what I saw work wonders for a childhood friend, Shawn. He was bordering on obese since birth. He used to get made fun of a lot in school. Well, we ended up working together along w/ another friend of ours just months after highschool for about five years straight. He and this other guy got into Nautilus and eating nothing but fruit and salads for a couple of years. He was slowly changing right before everyone's eyes. Dropping not just pound but lots of inches. It was the first time in his ENTIRE life he had visible cheekbones. I remember we were talking to someone we knew from school and they looked me square in the eyes and asked me where Shawn was? Well, Shawn and I both about fell over as they'd been talking to him for about 10 minutes already. I think that made his year. No need for any fancy diets or programs. Just do the things you know are healthy and stop doing the things you know aren't.

·
Banned
912 Posts
If you eat past 7:00pm STOP. All so 6'4" at 200lbs is not fat. You can ran all you want but you need to weight train also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
marsolais said:
If you eat past 7:00pm STOP. All so 6'4" at 200lbs is not fat. You can ran all you want but you need to weight train also.
? If you have a healthy snack before bed it helps your metabolism throughout the night

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks alot guys for all the info. I drink alot of diet soda but I didn't know that stuff was bad for you too. Also didn't know about the late night eating stuff. Ill just try more fruits and vegies and maybe the small meal every 3 hours thing. But again thanks alot for ur help

·
Banned
730 Posts
Diet soda and Healty Choice type meals aren't really that good for you due to all of the sodium (salt) they have in them. The sodium will make you hold water which will artificially keep you b*****. Another thing to remember, when you're doing a good job w/ exercise and eating right, go ahead and have a snack if you want. Not the whole cake, but a piece. Depriving yourself of everything you like will only lead to a total reversal.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
To add to some of what's already been said, 6'4" and 200 # isn't fat. The more frequent smaller meals really helps with metabolism especially if you keep up the exercise regime. Be careful running every day though.

Start keeping a log of EVERYTHING you eat and count the calories. You'll be amazed if you don't "cheat". Your body probably needs about 1800-2200 calories to maintain itself. The other thing to do is keep track of where the calories come from (protein, carbs, or fat). Hook up with a trainer at the gym or at school to get a notion of what "balanced" means for you. I can tell you what it means for me, but I'm old. :D

Diet drinks, high sodium foods, etc. even if not too many calories aren't good for you. At a minimum they can cause water retention. Try to consume in moderation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts