Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chris (R6Chris) and I are both heading down to VIR "Full Course" on Sept 6th with Team Promotion.

If you don't know already, Chris and I both have Ford F150s. So we have room for two more bikes and riders. All we as is you pay 1/2 of the gas and hotel room(s).

So, VVV, Yakky, Speedracer69, & Cehowardrx7 any of you man enough for VIR yet? :twofinger

·
Registered
321 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
Chris (R6Chris) and I are both heading down to VIR "Full Course" on Sept 6th with Team Promotion.

If you don't know already, Chris and I both have Ford F150s. So we have room for two more bikes and riders. All we as is you pay 1/2 of the gas and hotel room(s).

So, VVV, Yakky, Speedracer69, & Cehowardrx7 any of you man enough for VIR yet? :twofinger
First of all Kevin, you are a "sweetheart", and I mean that in the most manly way possible. :) I need to go, want to go, and will try to go. I will really have a hard time getting off(Yakky is going to bash me good for excuses) and I am in a money crunch. But, I am going to try my damest..:)

Had a super ride yesterday (211,33, George Washington Forest), will post about it in the general area. Also, there was a bad accident with a rider in our group too.

ceh

Anyway, going to think about it real hard..

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Getting off work is the hard part for me too. Either I take off and ride good tracks or take off and go ride good roads. I cannot have my cake and eat it too this year. :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Getting off work is the hard part for me too. Either I take off and ride good tracks or take off and go ride good roads.
I feel ya on that one. I really have a jones to get my R1 on the track so I can hang it out a little bit. With all the bad things going on recently I have been dialing back my pace a little on the street. I just have some reservations about possibly tossing my baby down the track cause it's so purty and all. And I would hate to go out there and look like a [email protected]$$y for slowing others down. :D Guess I should look into some track plastics!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm already signed up to do a FATT at Summit on Sept. 10th in the Vette, or I'd be all over this...

I'll have to see what other dates are available later in September and October... IF I still have the bike by then...
Mike :cool:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Mikelly said:
I'm already signed up to do a FATT at Summit on Sept. 10th in the Vette, or I'd be all over this...
I have a friend who'll be up there in his Z31 with 350 Z rims.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
V V V said:
Getting off work is the hard part for me too. Either I take off and ride good tracks or take off and go ride good roads. I cannot have my cake and eat it too this year. :(
You know it's Labor day on Sept 6th, right? :D

I plan on drive do there on Sunday and camping over night at the track and driving home that night.

Who ever comes along most bring their own tent, ect.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also, my wife bought a fully loaded GMC Yukon. She told me she will buy me a tailer for my bike so I can tow my bike to the track with the GMC. :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Do you guys know that the VIR Full course doesn't come open very often? And it's Labor Day, so you should already have the day off.

My brother, R6Chris can't go (his wife will not let him go :( ) and would rather not drag my wife to another track day. I'm driving my truck (F150) or my wife's Yukon down there, all you have to do is help pay for the gas.

And I just bought a new 6 person tent and plan on camp out at the track and night before.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Grlfriend is going out of town now so I have to doggie watch that weekend. :(

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
Bring the dog along, I did during my last TD.
All three? Don't think so... Once I get my truck it would be more of a possiblity though.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Dude, I won't be able to go to that either. I have a wedding to go to in Nags Head on Sept. 25. So I'll be down there all weekend. I just got the invites last week. :(

I will only be able to do Summit JC next month or a slight chance to do VIR depending on work. JC is always on a weekend so it's my best bet.

However, I will be doing Summit Main this coming Monday! :leghump

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey VVV. I did the TPM Main and JC also. I spent most of the morning sessions working on my bike in front of tech... Blue R6 with battery problems...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hooli-Ken said:
I really have a jones to get my R1 on the track so I can hang it out a little bit. With all the bad things going on recently I have been dialing back my pace a little on the street. I just have some reservations about possibly tossing my baby down the track cause it's so purty and all.
Do it Ken!
I did the full course at VIR last Monday with Sportbike Track Time.
That track is bad-ass on a literbike!
I bought an 03 GSXR1000 that is in perfect shape...so you have no more excuses Ken!
If you are serious about going I'll go with ya...
A pic from the Oak tree corner...
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=04RK0039020428&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1
And another...
http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=04RK0039020429&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts