Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man...I have been in Afghanistan since December 2005, but will be home in march 07. Last march '06, to reward myself, I called my local dealer, and had the sales manager (a friend of mine) go pick up my '02 R1 out of my garage, and write up papers for my new '06 Hayabusa!!!! He was to deliver it to my house to be ready for me to ride during my 2 weeks R&R in June. Before he delivered it though, he installed a Superbikes Undertail, Frame Sliders, Lisence plate relocator, and (my favorite of all)...a DaPincci exhaust set-up!!! This is a very rare system that gets the attention of Everyone. It also has a Very distincive sound....When I got home, I managed to squeeze 1,600 miles on her.
War is hell, but I just spend my time with my buddies dreaming of getting home and hitting the twisties..
My goal actually, is to set it up for a bit more comfort. Any suggestions? It is already very comfortable for a street bike, but maybe some risers, and a new seat...who knows...maybe some bags in the future to make the trip from nashville to myrtle beach.
I would appreciate any comments and or suggestions..

"making the world a safer place, one Taliban at a time"

Attachments

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Bike is smokin'! I like the pipes. It's different. Make it back safe and thanks for keeping the enemies at bay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments airman! I DO love the hayabusa!! I was quite hessitant after owning an R1. The Yamma's desire to stand up without warning was a bit unsettling, so I figured the busa, with its monster reputation would be worse. My first 20 miles on her showed me that that longer wheel base, and extra weight made a recipe for a perfect supersport bike with touring capability. I love my pipes too, but ever since I saw your Lazer xtreme pipes...i cant stop thinking how i can make them work on my baby. I am so short here, that my mission of keeping the "dirka's" at bay has been passed on to the replacement units. As far as getting home safely...that will be left up to your boys and the might C-17 in about 35 days!!!!

·
The Professor!
389 Posts
Your almost there bro, take it easy and watch your back.. especially the last few days because that is when everyone gets excited about going abck and forgetting where they are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts