Sport Bikes banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must be nice to live out on the westcoast. Now you can have your wine and your hooker all at one sitting. "San Francisco could become the first major U.S. city to decriminalize prostitution if voters approve Proposition K on Election Day. The measure would not technically legalize prostitution, but it would forbid local authorities from arresting or prosecuting anyone for selling sex."

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
it could happen

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
it's san fran. anything can happen.

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Fuck yea, we have legal cathouses out here. As long as the whores are tested/regulated, I have no issues.

·
Swollen Member
4,967 Posts
Fuck yea, we have legal cathouses out here. As long as the whores are tested/regulated, I have no issues.
I agree. If some dildo wants to spend a bunch of money on a hooker, why not? Im only supporting this because i feel like if prostitution is legal, then weed definitly should be. :cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
"Selling is legal, fucking is legal, so why isn't selling fucking legal? Why can i pay for something i can get for free?" -George Carlin.

·
center of an asian pop
3,480 Posts
*shrug* like someone else said, it's san francisco...they have nude parades as it is, and no one thinks too much of it, so I wouldn't be surprise if the proposition passes...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I don't see why it shouldn't pass... If you don't want it, don't buy it... If you don't want to see it, don't look...
If someone wants to pay for sex, then let them.
Why is it legal to pay to go out to eat but not legal to pay to go out and have sex?
The prostitutes should definately be tested and registered, but aside from that, let em fuck.

I wonder if they will unionize their trade. You know holiday's, medical, etc...
haha...and go on strike when their contract doesn't pass.
Hell no we won't hoe!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I don't see why it shouldn't pass... If you don't want it, don't buy it... If you don't want to see it, don't look...
If someone wants to pay for sex, then let them.

Hell no we won't hoe!
Well for starters, do you want some broad turning tricks in your neighborhood where your kids play? Do you really want the drugs, pimps, gangsters and everything else brought in?

One of the major issues I see with legalizing prostitution is that you have no way to tax or regulate it. Sure, you could hand out licenses, but how is the government going to get their share of the money to be able to hire the extra police and open up the DLW (department of loose women) to regulate everything?

·
Registered
560 Posts
I understand, and no I wouldn't want the pimps and drugs in my neighborhood...

I was thinkng of a brothel/cathouse deal though. Like a place where people could go to do their business and it be legal. And the government can tax that place because they are a business.
Make it legal to do at a set location in a building. But illegal to be workin the corners in a mini-skirt.

I don't know, I guess I never think of the other negatives that go along with it. I just think of how silly it is for it to be illegal to sell sex for money. But if it keeps drugs/gangsters off the streets then it makes sense to limit it.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Well for starters, do you want some broad turning tricks in your neighborhood where your kids play? Do you really want the drugs, pimps, gangsters and everything else brought in?

One of the major issues I see with legalizing prostitution is that you have no way to tax or regulate it. Sure, you could hand out licenses, but how is the government going to get their share of the money to be able to hire the extra police and open up the DLW (department of loose women) to regulate everything?
Well, to answer that question, you'd first have to determine whether legalization (or decriminalization) of prostitution would result in more "drugs, pimps, gangsters and everything else", or less of those things.

A lot of those problems have to do with the trade being illegal in the first place, and legalization would probably reduce those problems, as well as reducing the victimization of the prostitutes (since they could now be protected by the police instead of arrested themselves, and could thus call the cops if they are being threatened, stolen from, etc. whether by pimps or johns).

PhilB

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Good. At least they're trying to do something right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts