Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, could someone help me with pricing my bike I want to sell on craigslist. I have a 2010 ninja 250r that is in excellent condition with only 4400 miles on it. I just put a new battery in it and will get oil changed to start this season. KBB value is $2975. I'd say I should list it around 3300 correct.

I see a lot of similar bikes (2009-2011 250rs) listed at insane prices such as 3600+. I imagine I can sell my bike for 3100-3200 easily because someone will probably be willing to pay this amount I imagine.

Thanks for any advice. I just think its crazy looking at craigslist because many people list there bikes 500-1K+ over kbb value. For example, I saw a guy list his 2009 zx6r with under 1k miles almost 2k over kbb and he said in his post; forget about book value, this bike is well worth over that amount (I just lol'd bc only an idiot would say that).

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
I can't help you with pricing, but one very effective selling tool on CL that not everyone does is to do a thorough walkaround of your bike filming it with your phone, and put that on YouTube with a link in your ad. It really shows that you're a serious seller, that the bike is clean and starts normally, etc. Can weed out a lot of the chaff, and doesn't cost you anything.

KeS

·
Registered
205 Posts
The other thing to think about when pricing a bike is that bikes are a passion, not a necessity. So people price what the bike is worth to them. In the end, it will probably be worth that to someone else too. So if you feel the bike is worth more to you and the market, it doesn't hurt to list it at that price... If no one buys it, then you know to relist at a lower price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My riding buddy just sold his 2009 ninja 250 for $2500.bike had 700 miles.Actually his wifes bike she never did ride.Always ask more than you want because every buyer wants to haggle price.Keep asking price reasonable I see a lot of used bikes advertised way too high.You could almost buy a new one.I actually traded my last bike because dealer gave me almost as much as I was hoping to sell for.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Watch out for scammers, they are combing craigslist like nothing else. I had 3 people attempt the same scam when I listed my ZX14 last month. I have no real people offer me anything yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Craigslist

I just listed my cherry '00 CBR929rr two weeks ago and no one has responded yet. I'm asking $4200. and will not go lower. There are a couple others for sale from dealers that are asking more. I think you just need to be patient. Remember, it only takes ONE person to want your bike. It just takes time to find him/her.

It also helps to renew your ad as much as you can.

·
Registered
48 Posts
~~
Really depends on your area quite a bit. Around here, I see the '09+ Ninja250's listed for around 3500 or so. Doesn't mean people are buying them, but that's what they list at.

I would think you'd be able to sell yours at low 3,000's assuming everything on the bike is mint and it hasn't been dropped.
~~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts