Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i work outside at sam's club on two really buisy streets in Pinellas county FL. i see about 50-60 motorcycles a day. when i started working, i was seeing at least 30 people with helmets on, but lately i havent seen hardly anybody with helmets, sportbikes just the same, almost everybody is riding w/o a helmet. and lately i been hearing motorcycle deaths were on the rise, im sure this is one of the factors in it! these people are nuts!!!

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
It's hot out there...helmets make your noggin sweat. Helmet usage will go up in a few months, when it gets colder.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can understand wearing shorts and a t-shirt around town (i do it too) but my head is always covered. its not all that hot to not wear one!

·
Registered
905 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
i can understand wearing shorts and a t-shirt around town (i do it too) but my head is always covered. its not all that hot to not wear one!
its not all that hot to wear a jacket and at least jeans either. :squid

·
They call me a ride whore
1,387 Posts
I've been noticing that alot too lately. Back in the day it seemed almost all the sportbikes I saw had helmets on. Lately though I've been seeing ALOT of sportbikes with no lid (and very rarely do I see them in jackets and long pants either), and it really irritates me that people can be so stupid. I know it's their body their choice and all, but come on people use the brain god gave ya!

I know I always ride with everything on regardless of the temperature, and after saturday afternoons incident, I definitely will never ride with anything less than full gear... ever

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
eh its going to be a law you must wear them soon enough anywase... Someone posted that information and it stated it was a 5 year optional law....So its probally going to be changed to mandatory

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
G L said:
its not all that hot to wear a jacket and at least jeans either. :squid
call me a :squid if you want, but you work 8 hours on blacktop that bakes in the sun while pushing carts and lifting t.v.'s, generators, and entertainment centers into peoples cars. you wouldnt throw your leathers on either, especially when its a whole 1 and a half blocks at less than 30 mph to go home, im not going on the interstate, hell im riding at less speed than i usually do on a bicycle.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I see alot of people w/o helmets, and it's always around town and it's on all kinds of bikes.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I took a trip to NH last weekend. It was a little odd seeing riders on the street sans helmets. It was rather mixed though. Riders on bikes w/ MA plates were wearing helmets but NH riders weren't. Not surprising I suppose. A significantly larger percentage of sportbike riders had helmets than those on other bikes.

:dunno

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
For what ever reason,I'm seeing an increase of helmet use up here.Even the HD riders have them on.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Why is everyone so quick to want to circumvent Natural Selection? Doing so is unnaturally skewing the gene pool in an unfavorable direction, and there is going to be a huge price to pay for that.

·
Registered
905 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
call me a :squid if you want, but you work 8 hours on blacktop that bakes in the sun while pushing carts and lifting t.v.'s, generators, and entertainment centers into peoples cars. you wouldnt throw your leathers on either, especially when its a whole 1 and a half blocks at less than 30 mph to go home, im not going on the interstate, hell im riding at less speed than i usually do on a bicycle.
one and a half blocks? why even bother. just walk you lazy bastard. :lao

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
G L said:
one and a half blocks? why even bother. just walk you lazy bastard. :lao

:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here in Washington I see almost everyone with a helmet on, it's been quite a while since I've seen someone without a helmet. Of course most of the cruisers aren't wearing full faced helmets, just the little half ones.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Most in my area wear a helmet of some type or another

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
my wife is scared to death of me riding still.... so I tell her most of the riders in Hawaii don't wear gear.

then when we're driving around I point out all the people in shorts, slippers and no helmet. :(

·
Politically incorrect
508 Posts
nitrotc3drifter said:
i work outside at sam's club on two really buisy streets in Pinellas county FL. i see about 50-60 motorcycles a day. when i started working, i was seeing at least 30 people with helmets on, but lately i havent seen hardly anybody with helmets, sportbikes just the same, almost everybody is riding w/o a helmet. and lately i been hearing motorcycle deaths were on the rise, im sure this is one of the factors in it! these people are nuts!!!

People in Florida have a choice. You should rejoice about that. Imagine Florida mad another choice - because motorcycle deaths are up they decide to ban them. Many Floridians make a choice that others also find nutty - getting a tan (increases the likelihood of a deadly form of cancer).

You know what they say about people who say that every is nuts but themselves. :lao

Are you telling us that you honestly that you think all of these people are nuts, or is it that don't share your value system?

·
Registered
260 Posts
ala. has a helmet law and i wish every state had one.you have to be a IDIOT not to wear a helmet.you could slip on rocks or oil at 5mph, fall and not get your hand down and wind up a veggie........................

·
Banned
2,381 Posts
I wear my helmet and gear when ever Im on my bike, no matter where Im goin and no matter how hot it is, I just look at the fact that it doesnt take much of a blow to cause severe head trauma so that makes me wear my lid at all times, pretty much every Harley rider I see doesnt wear a helmet, lol hell I saw a Harley last week wearing his stupid little half helmet on friggin KNEE!!!!! what the hell good was it doing him there???? guess HE thought it looked cool

1 - 20 of 40 Posts