Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys post some pics or tell me the best way to secure my motorcycle in the back of a pickup.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Purchase some heavy duty tie down straps. You can purchase these at just about any hardware store.

Make sure you remember to purchase some tiedown wraps for your securing the front end. You'll need two. One for each side.

Your truck has some sort of connection points at the front and rear of the box. Attach the heavy duty tie downs to those points. Attach the rear tiedowns to something solid on your bike. I usually attach mine to the passenger footpeg mount. Take the two tiedown wraps you purchased and loop them around your clipon handlegrips. Attach the the tiedown straps to the wraps, this keeps your tie downs from ruining your handlegrips.

Tighten down the straps as much as possible. Make sure your shocks are compressed all the way down. It helps to have two people tighten the straps. One to shove down on the shocks while the other pulls and tightens. When you're done you should have something that looks like this:

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Go to your local motorcycle shop and ask for a Canyon Dancer. It's a strap that goes across your clip-ons. Then you attach your tie down to the ends of the Canyon Dancer and tighten them down. It works great!!!

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Justin726 said:
Go to your local motorcycle shop and ask for a Canyon Dancer. It's a strap that goes across your clip-ons. Then you attach your tie down to the ends of the Canyon Dancer and tighten them down. It works great!!!

these things work great.. i couldn't believe how easy it was or how secure it was.

·
Registered
400 Posts
+1 for the canyon dancer.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Christ, get a small trailer. It's much easier to load/unload and you can tow your bike with any vehicle.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Justin726 said:

that's what i use

·
Registered
42 Posts
i like my straps i use but i might consider this "canyon dancer" if ya'll say its worth $30. it would be nice if i could load, unload by myself a little easier.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I load and unload my bike without assistance from anyone else, so I don't know where you all are having difficulty with it. Two straps attached to both grips, attached to tie downs, is no different than one piece of matterial facilitating the same process.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts