Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we made it back from BHF and my second track day ever. HAD A BLAST!!!!!
I did the ladies only through learning curves...ladies, if you want to get on the track and go at a pace less hectic than the general public YOU MUST DO THIS SCHOOL!!!! I learned SO much! Rick broke things down in a way that I could understand and then apply it on the track. I really cannot say enough good things about the ladies day. Also, everyone went at their own pace. Those that were fast, rode fast, those that did not, did not. It's perfect for that first track day experience. I guess they do an MSF course as well so they relate back to MSF quite a bit.
Ok, details....I actually got a transponder this time, just to see how I was doing. Session one I was running 1.53-1.55. By the last session I was running 1.41-1.44. So I made SIGNIFICANT improvements throughout the day. Oh and my fastest lap time was a 1.41262!!! :banana The added bonus is that I have almost eliminated my chicken strips....maybe 1/4" on each side front and rear!!!
Mike finally got his knee down (YAY!!!) :banana and reached his goal of breaking 1.30. His fastest time of the day was actually 1.27 so needless to say we both had a great time and reached the goals we set for ourselves!!!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately there wasn't a photographer on site so I have no pictures of me. I tried to get some of Mike but am not sure how they turned out yet. If they aren't too bad I'll post up when I get home.

Weather was perfect yesterday...warm, sunny, slight breeze....awesome!

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
blndebmbr said:
Unfortunately there wasn't a photographer on site so I have no pictures of me. I tried to get some of Mike but am not sure how they turned out yet. If they aren't too bad I'll post up when I get home.

Weather was perfect yesterday...warm, sunny, slight breeze....awesome!
Chit, I wish I knew about this. I would have run over there after I got done with work. Oh well, glad to hear you guys had fun. :dblthumb

·
Registered
266 Posts
glad to see you back on the track!!!

hopefully i get my bike prepped for vintage racing soon as the money flows a little better. looked like you had blast.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's all good Jake...we had fun and that was the important part. Now for the few pics that I took....
Mike coming through turn 4 and then a couple of him going through turn 5. And also the picture of the girls on the way home! :banana I know, I'm a dork but I love our bikes!

Attachments

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then a picture of them loaded on the trailer. My Dad was super cool and let us borrow his snowmobile trailer for the day...didn't care if we drilled holes or not for the chocks and what not...so that was cool. And then the only proof I really have of my track day is pictures of my tires. Front and rear...please note that both front and rear, on both sides, have very minimal chicken strips left!!! :banana I am pleased with my performance...can't wait for the next one!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Congrats, Tammy!! :)

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
let us know when your next track day is. maybe sarah and i can come down and i can play race photographer again.

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
malik ross said:
let us know when your next track day is. maybe sarah and i can come down and i can play race photographer again.
If I don't have to work, I'm definitely up for that. Glad to hear you HAD FUN!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be sure to let you know. We haven't decided on the next one yet....we are fighting the addiction! :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Are you doing a track day on September 3rd, Tammy?

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure yet. We haven't decided on any days yet.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Well, let me know if you'll be out there- I'll stop and say hi :) I was thinking of signing up- but I am not experienced in the least with bikes, I've only been on the freeway once so far (it was actually not scary, much to my surprise) though I've been in the street a couple dozen times. I hear you can learn a lot in a track day- but do you have to be a more experienced rider? I'm afraid of going out there and embarrassing myself, though, so I am undecided as yet what to do!

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you want to do a track day do the Ladies only day. They go at your pace and help you think through it. All the other ladies were turning times of 2:30 or more so you have no worries. Check out:
www.learningcurves.com
That is the best way to go. I would not recommend a regular track day this early in the game for you. But you can't go wrong with the ladies day.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great

blndebmbr said:
If you want to do a track day do the Ladies only day. They go at your pace and help you think through it. All the other ladies were turning times of 2:30 or more so you have no worries. Check out:
www.learningcurves.com
That is the best way to go. I would not recommend a regular track day this early in the game for you. But you can't go wrong with the ladies day.
Great suguestion, I did not know that a ladies track day was available. :dblthumb Is that also september 3rd?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts