Sport Bikes banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I stated in the introduction area I am 32 and have been riding a sportster for some time now. My friend has a Nighthawk and a ninja 250. The nighthawk I own quite easily. But the Ninja gives me fits. So I need something I can own him on ;) Nah just kidding. I ride like an old man and have never had a speeding ticket either in car or on a bike (I did however get "pulled over" and yelled at on my road bicycle for doing 47 down a hill in a school zone).... and I can take the 250 anyway. Seriously though I love the feel of his sportbike and would like to get something a bit more on the sporty side. I, however, don't think I could stomach a 250 as it would, in my head at least, feel like a step down. I know its not really logical since I am comparing a 14 yo HD with a modern sport bike. Still I was considering searching for something of a compromise. Based on what have read I was looking at the Yamaha FZ6. Now I see that they offer the FZ6R. O boy throw another wrench into things why dont you. Most liely however I am going to look for a used one. My question is, what year would be the sweet spot for price / vs tech. While I was considering buying a new one, a used one just sems like a better idea.

·
Forever the Man
2,901 Posts
It does indeed. Get the FZ6. The '04-5 had TPS issues. I have an '06 and love it, although some don't like the blacked out frame w/ silver forks and other bits.(Came from the cruiser/GW world myself) '07-current blacked out the forks and changed the upper fairing and instrument pod. I don't like the new fairing as much, although I believe posters have said it offers more wind protection for the hands, nor do I like the new instrumentation w/ analog tach - I'm probably in the minority there. '09 has the Yamaha comfort seat std I believe. Can be ordered for older models and fits them all.

The FZ6R has several threads on here, read at own risk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts