Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, after a humbling experience in MSF, I'm looking at a 93 Seca II ($1750)

Any comments?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have a SECAII. It's a 1992 and i bought it after taking the MSF course. It only has 11,000 miles on it. Ive had it for 4 years and the only problem was a leaking gasket where you change to the reserve fuel supply. Ill be selling mine soon. im going to buy the new FZ6..its the SECAii's younger sister.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 92 as my first bike, I really like it. It has handlebars which keep you upright instead of clipons. The seat is pretty comfy and large. Has a little power, around 50hp. Soooo easy to get to anything on the engine, no radiator and no plastic to hinder you. Well I guess you'd have to take the tank off to get to the carbs, but everything else is a breeze.
Now some things I don't like.... What were they thinking when they made that windshield? It directs the air right on my neck. Stopping power is a little weak, it's not real bad but I find myself using both brakes alot. Suspension is soft, riding 2up will drop the seat a good bit. Gearing is too low for me, I'm thinking of going +1 on the front sprocket. The front fairing is a joke, a PITA to take off and especially back on. Mine vibrated like a mother at 5k rpm, so i just took it off. It can get a little squirrely around turns and at interstate speed, I've only been riding a month so this could be my inexperience or it could be the 130 rear tire. I'm thinking of going to a 140 next time to see if it helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi, ineverfinishanythi
The seca ii is no doubt a great bike..never seems to have any problems....have you noticed that annoying engine vibration around 4-5K. its a seca ii trademark. lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have 2 "sucka II's" .

a 97, and a 92. (but so far i have had a total of three) my first one, a red 92, i had totalled just OVER 127,000 miles on it. at the time i was 18 and the "SUCKA" was my only form of transport.i ragged on it EVERY DAY. the only thing i did to it was change oil. tires, and sprockets. never/ NOT ONCE did i take it to the shop for valve adjustments... it finally died by spitting out blue/green flame out the exhaust, going bout 70 mph or so on I-45. that was it. if i took care of it, like im trying to do to my other 2 im sure it woulda hit 200,000 but hey its also a dispossable bike. can pick up good ones for 15 hundred or so.

excellent first bike, or one to get familiar with if you havent been biking for a while. since it was still sold in brittain till 2003, you can get a DUAL DISK brake set up for it ( that came out oversees in 98, when it was discontinued here... and oil cooler versions as well) LOTS of shit sold for it out oversees.

anyways, im interested in a third...or JUST a motor. if one of you got one to sell let me know.

im turning one of them into a streetfighter for no reason. (the green 92) why not?! i work too hard to take it seriously ..anyways got it called "project: SUPAH-SUCKA! duece "

nothing special on it yet..just a lot of stuff on order from oversees, anyways if your interested in seeing pics before it goes to cutting.. go here..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=54194366

it is a myspace account..so ...if you dont have it youll probably have to sign up to see the slideshow..

·
Registered
5 Posts
just saw the tire size post...

you can go wider. now im not sayin this is something you should do. all i am sayin is it CAN be done. you can go up to a 160 rear. i havent had any problems with it. and it gets close to the chain, but nothing in the way of rubbing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts