Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is in regard to seat time...the most mileage that I want to do per day is 300 miles. By then, my rear is getting pretty sore. That's with a lunch break in between, too. 300 is my max...

What is the maximum miles per day any of you usually limit your distance to?

AD Williams
2004 FZ6

·
Registered
29 Posts
Longest day was from Kellog, ID down to highway 12 to Missoula, MT then down to Salmon, ID only to find all the motel room taken up by the softball tourny that weekend so we rode on to Rexburg, ID another 160 miles for a grand total of almost 620 miles that day. By the way the stretch from Salmon to Rexburg has to be the longest straight run of highway that exists. There are no curves in it what so ever.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
cornman53 said:
Longest day was from Kellog, ID down to highway 12 to Missoula, MT then down to Salmon, ID only to find all the motel room taken up by the softball tourny that weekend so we rode on to Rexburg, ID another 160 miles for a grand total of almost 620 miles that day. By the way the stretch from Salmon to Rexburg has to be the longest straight run of highway that exists. There are no curves in it what so ever.
Must be real tough to keep your wrist under control.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yeah, so far my longest day was about 600 miles with another 600 the following day :lol

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
I'll bet he hit it like a rented mule!!! When I rode my bike out there it was triple digits everywhere I could!! That's probably why my valve adjustment come 6k Too early...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Milage isn't the deciding factor for me, its time. After an hour I'm getting sore. Of course I'm one of those skinny guys that has no ass. My corbin with extra padding is on the way. :lol

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
about 400 miles in one day, but we have plenty of rest stops.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I did a couple of 500-mile days with a rest day in between a couple of months ago. It was definitely getting uncomfortable on the stock seat, but not awful. Installing a throttle lock was the best decision I made for that trip. Oh, and packing duct tape at the last minute...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I've been distance riding for years on my bikes. My wife is fairly new to it. Her first riding her own machine was last summer from Minneapolis to Glacier National Park. Our first day covered 700 miles. Our second day was just over 700 miles.

She was riding a Kawasaki ZZR1200, me on my FJR. She will be riding her FZ6 this year. A Corbin seat is a must. It will be here before we leave.

A bit off topic, but I just returned from a 4700+ mile round trip from Minneapolis to Tucson on my FJR. It, of course, has a Corbin. My Dad made the return trip (one way) from Tucson to Minneapolis on his Burgman 650...yes a scooter. He'll be 70 years old this month. He just started touring last summer.

He took the MSF, bought his Burgman and did a 3000+ mile round trip from Mpls. to Colorado all in a 2 week period. You can distance ride on anything. Hell, my brother did it 35 years ago on a Honda 350 enduro.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I was planning on going from Shreveport, Louisisana thru Texas and Nevada up to Cali to L.A. then on thru the coastal states to Seattle and back around to L.A. Three of us were going, but with a new work schedule I will not be making the trip. My mileage would have been around 6k in 12-14days. One of the guys - on a VStrom, is going to do almost 9k in 16 days, b/c he is going back to Houston, whereas I was staying in L.A. - man, I wish I could go.

yup - I'm prolly good for about 600 a day. Stock seat too. *grin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts