Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my local seat guy modify my seat, he took about 1/2 inch off the top and the angle between the top and the side is also gone, utrned into a round area, made it much more comfortable and I touch the ground a bit better. All for 30 dollars, and it still looks original.

·
Registered
159 Posts
How 'bout some pics?:) Or is it really not noticeable, more of a "feel" thing?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
pictures

here is a picture of the seat, try and look at yours and you will see a sharp angle that is gone in mine, the guy rounded this angle and it is much more comfortable

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Cavi

I don't see the seat, but I wanted to ask about the steering damper you have installed. What manufacturer and part number is that. The bracket design on the riser makes it look OEM. Very clean installation! Nice!

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Cavi said:
here is a picture of the seat, try and look at yours and you will see a sharp angle that is gone in mine, the guy rounded this angle and it is much more comfortable
Uh, I do not see any seat in these pics. :D :lol

·
Registered
482 Posts
Seat mod

I'm also a little vertically challenged (5' 7") so I modified my seat. Did it myself with an electric knife, carved it out pretty much like you would your Thanksgiving turkey! I first marked out what I thought I should take off with a magic marker, carved it and then sanded it smooth around the edges. The sanding takes some time and patience.

I still can't flat foot but it puts me down a little and I actually think it's more comfortable than stock. There's more of a "bucket" to sit in and relieves some of that pressure on the you know whats :leghump

Attachments

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Instead of waiing on Corbin to make a seat for the FZ6, I decided to go a different route. I am sending my seat to Sargent Cycle to be modified. I am having 2 inches of their foam added for both rider and pillion and the pillion portion will be leveled and not have that lame hump in it.

Now since my wife insists on a backrest, I decided to buy a Givi topcase ffrom Conehead and put and add the Givi backrest to it to meet her requirements. This also gives me more luggage space and between the 52 litre case and my large Held tankbag, I can go without saddlebags.

I will posts pics when I receive it in about 3 weeks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I couldn't wait for corbin either. I had gel packs added and it's now recovered
in cloth then leather. Feels better, looks better although I'll have it cut down some more later.
It was pricey. (equal to corbin) But a good warranty and he'll make adjustments as needed.
http://www.richscustomseats.com/

·
Registered
853 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts