Sport Bikes banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
With the seat cowl on, are you still able to easliy remove the seat to get to the storage area beneath (as minimal as it may be.)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hippie said:
With the seat cowl on, are you still able to easliy remove the seat to get to the storage area beneath (as minimal as it may be.)
Not with it on, but it's super easy to take off. You just have to have that allen key handy. Two screws and you're done.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I got mine yesterday, but haven't put it on yet. Busy with work and school. One of these days I'll post pics, cuz I know you guys like looking at the faster blue.

-J

·
Registered
79 Posts
I missed out on the order, was wondering if someone could take some photos up close of the Seat Cowl. I'd like to see how the edges come together with the regular seat and a picture showing what all is covered (maybe from above).

Who knows I may order one later.

Weagle

·
Registered
133 Posts
FazeX said:
I got mine yesterday, but haven't put it on yet. Busy with work and school. One of these days I'll post pics, cuz I know you guys like looking at the faster blue.

-J
I thought it was sexier blue, faster silver. =)

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
IronChefCJP said:
I thought it was sexier blue, faster silver. =)
I'll take sexier... :)

I got the cowl on, but it was/is dark so no pics yet. It looks like nogo's w/o the lower chin fairing. Got the fender eliminator just like that.

It does make the bike look very agressive and extra sweet. I am glad I got the cowl. You know how when you look at your bike it just grabs you inside... well it does that even more with the cowl. I better be careful or I will get addicted to modding.

-J :cool:

·
Registered
317 Posts
asudawg said:
Too late for me.... already addicted :alky
Yeah, maybe I am too. I am planning on doing some subtle mods over the winter, like the dual-headlight -fix-, and something with the front turn signals. I want to put them in the headlights (can't remember who did that on here, but I have to find out, it looks tight!). Fairly inexpensive, but functional or aesthetically pleasing. I am not loaded like some of the guys on here, with Givi bags, and fancy exhaust systems. Gotta do it slow.

The cowl is sweet. Highly recommeded for you guys that don't ride two-up. I don't need the extra seat... no cute girls begging for a ride. :( Ah well. Seeing it in the daylight this morning on the way to work was nice. The appearance is much more aggressive.

-J

·
Registered
159 Posts
FazeX said:
Yeah, maybe I am too. I am planning on doing some subtle mods over the winter, like the dual-headlight -fix-, and something with the front turn signals. I want to put them in the headlights (can't remember who did that on here, but I have to find out, it looks tight!). -J
Both good mods, I've done them on my own bike :). You may want to check the vehicle code for your state, CA requires the front turn signals to be >4" from the edge of the headlight. I still moved mine to the pod position and added aftermarket flush mounted ones in the stock location. She lights up like a christmas tree now :D. As for the 'how', it's quite self explanatory once you pull the fairing apart. The headlight unit has bump-outs in the position where you'd want to install the bulbs, just cut 'em off or drill 'em out. Aftermarket bulbs will make installation easier. With the ones I got (amber in color), all I had to do was drill a 9/16" hole, slap them in a bit of sealant, solder some wires and presto. As stated in the pod light thread, when you drill the holes make sure the debris falls out, unless you don't mind it inside ;).
Some of my winter projects will be rearsets and new mirrors, the stock pegs and antennae just don't do it for me. (it's nice to have a friend working in a machine shop with cnc)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dexter_643 said:
Both good mods, I've done them on my own bike :). You may want to check the vehicle code for your state, CA requires the front turn signals to be >4" from the edge of the headlight. I still moved mine to the pod position and added aftermarket flush mounted ones in the stock location. She lights up like a christmas tree now :D. As for the 'how', it's quite self explanatory once you pull the fairing apart. The headlight unit has bump-outs in the position where you'd want to install the bulbs, just cut 'em off or drill 'em out. Aftermarket bulbs will make installation easier. With the ones I got (amber in color), all I had to do was drill a 9/16" hole, slap them in a bit of sealant, solder some wires and presto. As stated in the pod light thread, when you drill the holes make sure the debris falls out, unless you don't mind it inside ;).
Some of my winter projects will be rearsets and new mirrors, the stock pegs and antennae just don't do it for me. (it's nice to have a friend working in a machine shop with cnc)

Hey dexter_643, I was wondering if you could one time help me out doing the dual headlight mod and potentially the pod light mod as well. I've taken the fairings apart many times, but I'm a complete n00b in terms of wiring and such. Since you're in nor cal, maybe I could ride to wherever one day.

·
Registered
159 Posts
FAZR6 said:
This update is to confirm that the first shipment has been repackaged and shipped today to their final homes. Some may see theirs saturday and the rest should see theirs monday or tuesday. Because of insurance, be expecting a signature requirement. I can officially say CHEERS! As for the last three patient people, word should come in the next few days that they are on the way. As always, I will keep you informed.
Mike
Fazr6, any update on the remaining cowl orders?

IronChefCJP said:
Hey dexter_643, I was wondering if you could one time help me out doing the dual headlight mod and potentially the pod light mod as well. I've taken the fairings apart many times, but I'm a complete n00b in terms of wiring and such. Since you're in nor cal, maybe I could ride to wherever one day.
I could help you out, sure. I don't know if you want to take a ~2hour ride up boring 101 to do it though. Maybe I could help you over IM with pictures? Feel free to PM me if you're still lookin' for help. :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Dexter_643 said:
Fazr6, any update on the remaining cowl orders?

I could help you out, sure. I don't know if you want to take a ~2hour ride up boring 101 to do it though. Maybe I could help you over IM with pictures? Feel free to PM me if you're still lookin' for help. :)
Heard from Mike and Jim there on there way over the big pond :D
Can't hardly wait for mine too gonna finish it all up nicely with all my latest changes. Would guess next week or two maybe ...

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Sorry, was out of town and didn't see the question. Yes, they are on the way and should be here very soon. Jim will be recieving this batch and re-routing them your way. I'm sure he will put up an update when he has definative information to share.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
The way the dollar is right now versus the euro..
I won't be ordering one soon.....

What is the word on that Yamaha Canada seat cowl coming to the US?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Jim is getting concerned (I am a natural worrier) ... they shipped 2 weeks ago and I have seen nothing ... last batch was here in 12 days ... cross your fingers that the USPS will deliver today ..

·
Registered
858 Posts
nogoshowboat said:
Jim is getting concerned (I am a natural worrier) ... they shipped 2 weeks ago and I have seen nothing ... last batch was here in 12 days ... cross your fingers that the USPS will deliver today ..
Did they give you any tracking number ?? ... I'm sure its a matter of holding out a little longer :leghump, were all patient

41 - 60 of 61 Posts