Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I started to go to Mt. Charleston but it was dangerously windy. I was thinking about it today and I had enough of work anyway. Headed out there around 1pm and the weather was perfect! Finally got to take some corners although I was conservative because I didn't know the road. Saw a few bikes and one group. Saw some ranger danger. One ranger parked on the way in, another on the road and one speed trappin' it on the way back. I had to cut the ride short due to lack of gas but it was a good day anyway.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
i know we kinda freaked out about redrock, but mount charleston is much the same gig. It's a nice, cool, fun ride, but be cautious and sensible. It well patrolled by rangers sho show little mercy to sport bikers. If you get caught you'll get a hefty federal ticket and probably have your bike towed.... and we I nearly had a mountain biker for lunch on sunday, even worse than the friggin donkey's at redrock.

Go up there and have fun, but stay safe and smart. Glad you enjoyed your ride. I'm not ditching work any time soon (I absolutly love my new job), but drop me a line if you wanna ride on the weekend or in the evening. I don't need much of an excuse to burn gas :)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Mt. Charleston is patrolled by Metro.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
them too :) thanks for the correction.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was very safe as far as the bike and my limits go, 60-65 and slower near the turnout/parking lots is putting along as far as I'm concerned. But I don't know if the lawman sees it that way. ;)

Its almost like everywhere with a corner here is patrolled, that kind of sucks.

BTW Evil, green trucks are rangers correct?

·
Registered
918 Posts
The green trucks are often forestry workers. There are two resident Metro officers up there and they have a station just downhill from the hotel.

I don't doubt that rangers patrol up there too. I simply wanted to point out that Metro is up there as well. Personally I'd rather get pulled over by a ranger. The fine might be higher but you won't get any points on your record or have an insurance raise.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Fortunatly, I haven't been busted out there. You do get a federal record if you get caught by a ranger... and there's nothing CPK can do about it. Personally, I'd rather not get caught at all. My strategy for this is to be a pokey little puppy and at least a half of a mile behind ya'll. That way you take the hit for me. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
yea federal court is no picnic. I work in a lawyers office, Craig Mueller and Associates, right down the street from CPK. Federal court judges are hard asses. If I got in trouble i'd get free representation tho :). Nice perk of working for an attorney.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts