Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently built a engine crash cage for my CBR F3, it prtects fine, but when i make a right hand turn it catch and scrape the pavement on a hard turn, but when i lean the bike over in the shop it looks like the footpeg should hit before the cage so i am lost... my question is anyone else with a crash cage by a name brand manufacture having this problem. i guess i have to scrafice some turning performance for the prectection factor, but i am not sure if this is a scarafice i am willing to make. please help.

i can try to re angel the cage and reweld it, but i am afriad i will loose the protection i need.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i turned my preload up, but haven't tested it yet, i just was wondering if anyone else was scrapping arond turns with the freestyle ingenuity or 905 bars.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright cool, well at least i know i'm not alone, thanks for the help

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
havent scraped my 905 around a turn, but have been told im very close to doing it. i know i could, with relative ease but i think when it does scrape its gonna lift the rear wheel and send me highsiding.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I built the freestyle ingenuity style, the 905s would have hit my shins.

when it scraps it kinda catches and you hear it, it was a shock the first time, i have gotton used to it where i know where the line is, so i am leave a line of sparks at night around a turn. balancing right on the point. i am also adding magnesium scrap plates so sparks shot out all over the place.

ride on...

·
Registered
197 Posts
if it is a F.I. cage you can pull the loop off if you're gonna hit the corners. when your done just put it back on. you still have the sliders if you go down.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mine is a F.I. style, i buitl it myself, and the hoop doesn;t remove its all welded

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hey be carefull with the engine cages going around turns. There was a guy here in MD, after doing a wheelie a cop started to chase him, well he ran and was going around a right hand sweeper (the guy was a track rider also) and the cage tripoded, upset the bike, and the bike and him carried the speed of 125mph into the back of a truck and died on impact. I guess what im trying to say is just learn the lean angle limit of your cages.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Most cages will scrape. I built mine so that it doesnt run underneath the bike and gives me a lot more ground clearance.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do u hit your shins on your bars? and will that protect the bike enough?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts