Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Picked up my new FZ6 at the weekend, and wanted to fit the Scottoiler from my old bike onto it. It's my first bike with fuel injection, so no obvious vacuum points. I have searched the web but couldn't find any info. Can anyone point me in the right direction (a picture would help)? Also, what is the best place to position the Scottoiler / route the oil-line, and can anyone say whether the oil is best dripped onto the front or rear sprocket?

Lots of questions for my first post, but hope someone can help.

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
The vacuum lines are on pg 7-27, I think crazymofo has a free copy of the manual on his website. search for fz6 manual on this site (I haven't figured out how to put links on yet). Someone else had their oiler mounted into the front sprocket cover and I thought it looked pretty good. Don't ask me where I saw the pics, that was before yesterday, and I can't remember much before then.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There were some pictures and a how to on the FOC-U UK. I can't find them at the moment, but basically, all you need to do is prop the tank up and find the two rubber tubes at the end of the Injector pipe (I used the ones on the left hand side as you sit on). They are just behind the throttle bodies -feel down the inside part of the frame and you'll get them. They are blanked off with a plug (don't bother cutting it as it is solid all the way through) remove this and use the Scotoiler adaptor and plug it in! Simple! I'll continue trying to find the post on www.foc-u.co.uk for you.
S

I think the guy that did the Scotoiler install to the front sprocket cover was a guy called Nooj - he did it to his missus' FZ6. I'll try to contact him and get piccys for you.
Cheers
S

·
Registered
1 Posts
just received my scottoiler, will fit within 2 weeks, just looking for the info, i'll let you know in due course, if you could do the same then i'll be really grateful.

ianedwards, s.wales uk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I fitted my scottoiler reservoir under the seat. it's held in place by the elastic strap next to the tool kit.
There is a hole in the bottom of the underseat storage on the left hand side.
I made this a bit larger, and ran the pipe through this, then down onto the swingarm. It then runs underneath the arm to the sprocket.

My bike is currently at work, so I will take a few pictures on Monday and post them, as it may help.

The Scottoiler is probably one of the best add-ons you can get. In 3500 miles I have only adjusted the chain once, and that was at 350 miles (before the oiler was fitted).

Not sure whether to go for the dual oiler though. Any thoughts if its worth the extra?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to add:
the vacuum points are already there, there are 4 tubes located under the tank that are plugged. You can use any one of these, and they are easily accesible from the side, so no need to lift the tank.

·
Registered
94 Posts
How is everyones Scottoiler working out for them? I am thinking of purchasing one but am not sure of which model to go with at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts