Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newcomer Scorpion Helmets has a very nice looking selection of helmets at very reasonable prices. They have newest DOT and SNELL certifications but how do they rank qualitywise? Anyone use these? Here are a few by the way....

Attachments

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
they are just now coming out....i;m gonna guess theyre a little better the HJC, maybe like KBC, no arai or shoei

·
Registered
6 Posts
Scorpion EXO-700

Product strengths: Exceptional quality - construction & function. This helmet is everything the company says it is. The anti-fog is the best I have ever used. The Quick release visor allows me to change shields (clear to tinted which is also fog free) while the helmet is still on my head & yes...in less than 10 seconds. The shield stays put where ever you put it & is spring loaded so you get a "mercedies benz door shutting sound" when closing the shield.
The graphics are pretty cool. The liner is fully removeable and washable and replaceable with up to 5 different patterns. I have a checker board liner on order and only $34.95 The venting is excellent as well. It absolutely blows HJC away and is better than any shoei I've ever worn.
Product weaknesses: No failsafe on the visor—so make sure it is properly seated when changing shields.
I wish there was one more detent when first opening the shield, just enough to make a small crack.
Overall Opinion: In my opinion this helmet has the most features & is the best value on the market today. The helmet has only been available since the 3rd week of June, so the press has not caught up with it yet.
I suspect reviews should start popping up around Oct/Nov issues.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I've looked at these quite a bit recently, and am tempted to by a matching pair for me and my girlfriend, but would like to try them on first. I really like the Octane design, but the 700 series has kevlar in the shell, the 400 series doesn't. I hate to sacrifice safety for appearance reasons. I'm sure both are good since they are Snell certified, but times like this I wish Snell had ratings, like 3 "stages" to show the level of protection it gives, with 3 being the highest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love Scorpion Helmet and the price is really good!
but they don't see it in Hong Kong, so I ended up with KBC instead...

·
Registered
6 Posts
work2ride2much said:
The helmet has only been available since the 3rd week of June, so the press has not caught up with it yet.
I suspect reviews should start popping up around Oct/Nov issues.
October issue of Cycle World:
Can you spot the ScorpionEXO 700 Red Raider?
Hint: 13 best sport bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts