Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my ScorpionEXO 400 in and I really like it. There are other threads out there that give good reviews on it, so I won't go and duplicate what the other posts state. I'll just say that everything people say about this helmet is true. The only information I had a really hard time finding out was the weight. Well, I just got back from weighing both my helmets, so here's the breakdown:

Arai Quantum II (Hacking Replica - $600) = 1526 grams (my helmet, my digital scale)
ScorpionEXO 400 (Warhark $140) = 1655 grams (my helmet, my digital scale)
**Suomy Spec-1R ($500) = 1250 grams (from their website, their scale)

I imagine the ScorpionEXO 700 should be lighter since it's made out of Kevlar/Fiberglass.

It's not that the Arai is a bad helmet - it just doesn't justify $300-400 more. Plus, after reading the June edition of Motorcyclist about helmets, the Arai came in allowing about 25 g-forces more than the EXO 400.

The one thing I DO like about the Arai is the plushness of the liner. However, that's not a good thing in 107 degree weather we have here (although it's good for winter coziness) since plush=hot and sweaty.

The EXO 400 is a great feeling fit and quality - easily worth twice it's price.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Don't forget to get the 'Aero Skirt'. It makes a big difference in the amount of air that gets into the helmet. The helmet is great and airy, and sometimes feels like you aren't even wearing a helmet. Other times that air can lead to having stuff fly around inside your helmet, sometimes getting in your eyes. The 'Aero Skirt' will cut down on the wind, and makes the helmet even more comfortable.

Great helmet!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what the outside measurement is, but it's got to be smaller than the Arai. It looks like it's comparable to the Shoei RF-1000.

BTW, I got the "Aero Skirt". Just waiting for the dark smoke shield - they're on backorder until the end of July.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts