Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Scorpion slip-on exhaust on their FZ6? I was just at my local Cycle Gear and noticed that they are selling them now. I had them look up the price for the FZ6 and was totally surprised. For the Titanium flat, raw finish, it is only $300!!! Since the exhaust is pretty much covered by the undertail, I'm not as particular on the type of finish that it has since only ~15% of it is exposed. Is there something wrong with the exhaust or is it just a new company trying to get into the aftermarket arena. I remember when M4 first came out it was priced pretty low but as they got more and more popular, their prices started going up. Should I jump on this deal or continue to research it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
kevinmcdade said:
Does anyone have a Scorpion slip-on exhaust on their FZ6? I was just at my local Cycle Gear and noticed that they are selling them now. I had them look up the price for the FZ6 and was totally surprised. For the Titanium flat, raw finish, it is only $300!!! Since the exhaust is pretty much covered by the undertail, I'm not as particular on the type of finish that it has since only ~15% of it is exposed. Is there something wrong with the exhaust or is it just a new company trying to get into the aftermarket arena. I remember when M4 first came out it was priced pretty low but as they got more and more popular, their prices started going up. Should I jump on this deal or continue to research it?
300 for a set of pipes is really freakin' cheap. I just spent a little bit of time looking up info on scorpions. One thing that is sweet is the sounds section they have on thier website..drooool...(why can't a 4 sound like a twin?!?!). They seem like pretty bad ass pipes, and looking at dyno charts from other pipes they make, they look they are doing something right. The only thing I don't like about them is that ugly "nipple" they have on the bike. The lazer specials just look way better... but again they cost $500 (give or take) more. Hey to me that sounds like a deal man, and if you do get them let me know... I really want a set of pipes. (even though I've been trying to talk myself out of it, I just can't seem to do it)

Later

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully I will have some pictures for you guys by Friday. I think some of these companies are trying to rip us off...we may have two pipes but look how small they are. You can get a full exhaust with two full size pipes for a RC51, TLR or a Busa for about the same money they are charging us for a slip-on :mad: If most of the slip-ons for the FZ6 were in the $600 range I could see me buying one but for $800 I'll stick to my stock pipes. Just my .02.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have scorpions on mine, they cost £192 in the UK which was nearly half the price of others, they have removable baffles as standard and the fixing band shown on the website is not there on mine.

Well worth the money

·
Registered
193 Posts
Which ones do you have roller, the cf, titan, or the stainless. I have been looking around and there isn't a dealer all that close to me that sells them, I would have to take a few hour ride.. which isn't the worst thing in the world if you ask me. If you got some picks, roller, let us see them... I would like to see some other than the ones on the scorpion site.

·
2 As 1
1,121 Posts
Those sounded really nice on their website.

I would have to agree, that 800.00 for pipes is a bit much, so the Scorpions seem to be a really sweet deal. (esp if they come out sounding like they did on the website)

Post some pics when you get them, and if you could make some sound recordings for us. I would love to see and hear how it turns out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They do look great for sure. A soundclip would be nice

:headbang

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow, those look pretty good. I'm not totally into how far the "nipple" sticks out in the back... I really like the look of the Lazer Specials.. but the price is a little crazy... I think I may need to hunt down a dealer...

You guys are making me spend money that I really shouldn't... god I love credit!

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE on my Scorpion exhaust order: I spoke to the sales rep at Cycle Gear today. He informed me that the ETA is the first part of August. He asked me to call him back Monday and he will have a more definite date. I will keep everyone posted on what I get for the price. The quiet, stock exhaust is killing me!!! I can't wait until my pipes come in :cry

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
kevinmcdade said:
UPDATE on my Scorpion exhaust order: I spoke to the sales rep at Cycle Gear today. He informed me that the ETA is the first part of August. He asked me to call him back Monday and he will have a more definite date. I will keep everyone posted on what I get for the price. The quiet, stock exhaust is killing me!!! I can't wait until my pipes come in :cry
I remember how you feel. I would have waited on those in CF but the ETA back in May was 2nd week in June and I couldn't wait that long. Hope they finally make it to the states soon so that I can see what I missed out on. BTW, my local dealer quoted me $525 for the CF's.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
FAZR6 said:
I remember how you feel. I would have waited on those in CF but the ETA back in May was 2nd week in June and I couldn't wait that long. Hope they finally make it to the states soon so that I can see what I missed out on. BTW, my local dealer quoted me $525 for the CF's.
Normally I would not be waiting -- I would have gone with whoever had them in stock. I'm being cheap this time around since I just fully decked out my R6 that got totalled. I spent a lot of money on that bike and didn't feel like dishing out the cash like that this time around. I spared no expense with my R6. This is what she used to look like: Devil OVO high mount, Hotbodies undertail, power commander with a custom map, Gregg's flush mounts, Sato fram sliders, Intuitive bar and swing arm sliders, Yamaha seat cowl, Sportech chrome windscreen...man I miss that bike...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts