Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys & Gals...

I'm just curious, does anyone know the answer to this question, because I certainly do not.

What's the difference between the actual muffler itself, when it comes to a slip-on vs full exhaust.

I've got a full scorpion titanium flame exhaust, and want to by a new muffler (just the muffler itself), without the mid-pipe and headers. No need to buy everything again, I've already got the headers / mid-pipe... just need the can. I want to buy another Scorpion can exactly like I have, just minus the scratches... maybe a carbon fiber one?

I see a lot of the one I need on ebay, but it says slip-on. Is the muffler itself the same? Can i put the slip-on can on the full exhaust I have?

I hope I was able to explain what I mean... to me it still sounds weird lol.

Thanks

:cheers

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody know? lol

·
Duc hunter
1,269 Posts
People say they put a slip-on on their bikes when they just replaced the stock boat anchor of a muffler with an aftermarket one. A full system is generally characterized as having an aftermarket header, new mid-pipe, and new can/slip-on. Is that what you are wondering?

Unless the mounting is different on the can from a stock midpipe to the aftermarket midpipe, I don't see any reason why you couldn't pick up just a regular ole "slip-on" of the manufactor you're looking at.

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have a full scorpion exhaust. I have the headers, mid-pipe, and muffler.

The muffler itself is scratched, and i wanna get a new one. I cant seem to find just the muffler for the full exhaust though....

so i was wondering if there is a difference between the muffler that comes with the full exhaust kit, and the muffler that comes with a slip-on kit.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
ApriliaSL said:
Get in touch with scorpion and ask. Or get a a or your stock R1 pipes and see if your current can fits.

best advice i can think of.... scorpion will know the answer

also if the stock pipes fit than i think its safe to assume that any can for the R1 will fit

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
slip on ought to fit, i have a full akrapovic exhaust system and just picked up a micron slip on, fits fine

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Omahastylin16 said:
slip on ought to fit, i have a full akrapovic exhaust system and just picked up a micron slip on, fits fine
I would call Scorpion but I cant find there number ANYWHERE. I've actually tried leaving them messages through email / there website but nobody ever gets back to you.... :(

So you have akrapovic headers and mid-pipe, with a micron slip-on? How does that affect the performance?

·
Banned
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I just called kneedraggers.com and asked them if the slip-on system used the same muffler as the full exhaust system, and they said yeah. They said the pipes are the same, only difference is the mid-pipe & headers come with the full exhaust system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts