Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what people think of their Scorpions after owning them for a while. Things like fit and finish, sound, etc.

Also, where did you get them?

Does the sound at say 6,000 rpm resonate at all to the point it is uncomfortable after long periods of time?

Thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
Screamin' Mofo

I've had my Scorpion carbon fiber slipon exhaust for less than a week now(from Pipecity.com).
I have commented from the begining on how loud it is. Yes it resonates big time in the 6-8000 rpm range.
The sound doesn't seem to escape to the rear, instead getting trapped under the seat and traveling right up under my helmet. The drone does get uncomfortable and I come back with ear aches.
As some have said, its earplug time...
When I roll on it resonates big time-when I drop two gears & go it seems to blow the sound out the back. Strange.
Also, I can't secretly speed lol! The whole neighborhood knows when your on it.
EVERYONE knows...
The construction, fit & finish is excellent. Vey nice exhaust.
It looks killer on my bike(going to take pic now).
One problem though is, there is no rear bolt mounting for the fender/plate/turn signal, where the stock one bolts to the underside of the stock pipe.
The Scorpion replaced fender bracket(wishbone shaped) is spring steel and pushes up at the rear into the tailight/pipe shroud. Which gives up/down vibration of the fender(& FE) pushing up & down on the tailight(I see scuff wear already).
I will fabricate a rear mount to stop this. I'm not sure what other pipes are doing.

Sound? The Scorpion makes my bike sound like a full on race bike.
Killer wail. Other bikes follow to see WTF!
My Scorpion Stings!
But I think its TOO much noise for this 44 yr old lol...

Update: Pics-Sexy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Maxxacceleration is that the FAZR6 FE Kit on the bike?. I just put my Scorpion CF on yeaterday and i absoulutely love em.
They sound wicked below 5000 rpm and once i get up there it's not too loud. Perfect all around pipe i think and i honestly dont think the pictures dont do required justice.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yeah I to have the CF ones and its been on since winter and I must say they do sound good and I don't think there any loader than some of the other ones out there Arrows and Devils ( I will say these are loader than the Scorpions). They still look brand new so fit and finish gets :dblthumb
As for leaks I did seem to get leaks around the pipes after install got some exhaust tape and that helped seal it all up. I felt they were the best bang for the buck and they look good too :D

·
Registered
858 Posts
cdemoss said:
Hey Maxxacceleration is that the FAZR6 FE Kit on the bike?. I just put my Scorpion CF on yeaterday and i absoulutely love em.
They sound wicked below 5000 rpm and once i get up there it's not too loud. Perfect all around pipe i think and i honestly dont think the pictures dont do required justice.
I have Mikes (FAZR6 FE kit on mine)

Attachments

·
Registered
777 Posts
My FE is from Competition Werkes. I'm glad you guys are liking your Scorpion CF exhausts. They're the best looking from what I've checked out.
And VERY nice quality. The price also kicks ass on the others.
My bike feels so uncorked with this pipe on-it hits 90 in a heartbeat...
Looks wise, my FZ is done except for a graphic treatment on my windscreen, and I'd like to see Sargent make a seat for this bike.
I am a satisfied owner of the FZ6. :cheers

·
It's made of people!
455 Posts
Adam, you should have waited and ordered with the group like the thread said, we were getting an even better discount with the group buy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No biggie, i guess you could call me impatient, sometimes I buy on impulse and dont wait for the best deal. :cheers Now if they end up being like 500 I might kick myself in the ass.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I think we should now start drumming up a group buy large enough to get the extremes below $500 just to see him kick himself in the head.:lao

1 - 10 of 10 Posts