Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm moving to a condo with underground parking and all that jazz. The thing is, I've seen too many videos of bikes getting jacked from such kinds of places to not place any security measures on the bike. After some research and a testimonial from my neighbor, I've decided on two things. Definitely a cover (bike has always been in a garage in suburbia) and a disc lock to deter rollaway theft. I also stumbled across the Scorpio i900 alarm system with a proximity sensor and ignition lock. I was wondering if any of guys have had experience with this particular system and perhaps add some security measure tips too. Let me know what you think of the system or others that work well. I refuse to not arm my bike with blaring sirens. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Hey guys. I'm moving to a condo with underground parking and all that jazz. The thing is, I've seen too many videos of bikes getting jacked from such kinds of places to not place any security measures on the bike. After some research and a testimonial from my neighbor, I've decided on two things. Definitely a cover (bike has always been in a garage in suburbia) and a disc lock to deter rollaway theft. I also stumbled across the Scorpio i900 alarm system with a proximity sensor and ignition lock. I was wondering if any of guys have had experience with this particular system and perhaps add some security measure tips too. Let me know what you think of the system or others that work well. I refuse to not arm my bike with blaring sirens. Thanks.
If you search, you'll find a shit ton of threads that have to do with alarms and security and whatnot. Obviously if they want your bike, they're going to take it and full insurance is the best "peace of mind"

that being said, I love my i600 (believe it's disco) and will love it even more when I replace the remote. The perimeter sensor is ridiculously sensitive on these alarms and you have to adjust them almost down to nothing otherwise you risk a neighbor getting into their car setting it off. The tilt sensor in these things rock. If my bike is tilted and it's set up right, it'll go off. If it's on the rear stand (which is usually is because it's the only way to get my bike and truck in the same parking spot) and is pulled off the stand, it'll go off. If you try to turn on the ignition, the alarm goes off. The range is good and goes through the walls well. IF you're not too far and there aren't too many walls.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be on the second floor in the corner, so the bike (where motorcycle parking is) is directly under me three stories. There is a security kiosk and it only matters to me if they hear it or the thief runs away. It's coded entry but you can't be too safe. And I wasn't aware about the other threads as I normally use the mobile app. Either way, thanks. I've heard nothing but good things about the I series. Did you have any problems with installation?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I'll be on the second floor in the corner, so the bike (where motorcycle parking is) is directly under me three stories. There is a security kiosk and it only matters to me if they hear it or the thief runs away. It's coded entry but you can't be too safe. And I wasn't aware about the other threads as I normally use the mobile app. Either way, thanks. I've heard nothing but good things about the I series. Did you have any problems with installation?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I used a wiring harness for the install. Took me longer to get my seats off the F4i then it did to actually install the alarm. IMO it's well worth the extra 30 bucks for the harness, makes things much much easier and you don't have to cut/splice any wiring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts