Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered one (the SE). It came in, after about 2 hours I finally got it on, yea im that slow. So I mounted it ontop of the battery along with the perimeter sensor. My dad made a comment about going on long rides and the battery heating up and messing up the MCM. In the manual it doesn't say if placement on the battery is good or bad. The perimeter sensor is ok on the battery, it is actually reccomended.

So bottom line, to those who have the alarm. Is it ok that I have the MCM(main thing) on top of my battery? Will a longer ride.......5 hours one way, cause problems?

Thanks. :cheers

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No clue. When my dad said that, I started thinking that batteries won't give off any significant heat, ya know? I imiagine them heating up internally but even after like a 12 hour ride, I assumed you could still touch one and not get burned. Hopefully someone who knows will shoot a response.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Cash, is that the SR-500?

Sorry, no comment on the battery issue. I wouldn't worry about it though. I think their products are specially designed to withstand the punishment a motorcycle would dish out.

Did the kit come with one or two remotes?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea SR-i500SE. I highly reccomend it.

Just one remote.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
wait what are the difference in the different models? LIke SR, SE and all the other ones? can you install the alarm yourself?

I wonder why you can't install a car alarm on a bike? I mean basically it's the same thing. if its armed and something tips, it should go off.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put it on myself and most people do i am sure. Great instructions. I have heard of people putting a Viper alarm with remote start on and it has better range than the Scorpio but... I prefer using a bike alarm for my bike rather than a car alarm.

The S has a perimeter sensor
the SE has perimeter sensor, anti-hijack, back-up battery, and remote engine kill switch.

Thanks, I guess I will be keeping it on the top of my battery, not a whole buncha places to put it anyway.

·
Registered
323 Posts
the battery is fine im a MC mechanic and ive heated batteries up so hot that they almost melt and shoot out sulferic acid. (for fun in a contained zone do not try at home). anyway the battery does not get that hot, you can always grab a battery. the only time i have seen a battery get really hot is in a car next to an engine ,with no heat sheild or exposed with the temp of 105 and the sun beating down on it.
so i wouldnt worry about the top of the battery.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
^ ah okay. can you get remote start on a bike? I have a Compustar alarm on my computer with a LCD screen. It has remote start and a bunch off crap too

·
Registered
791 Posts
I would say putting the MCM on top of the battery is stupid. Battery getting hot... doubtfull. If you put the mcm on battery you'll be exposing it to bad fumes and possibly corrosion, IMO.

Have you tested the range of your receiver yet. I still havnt been able to get .5 miles with mine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts