Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is the Scorpio SR-i500 Alarm System bike specific?? Can the alarm be moved from bike to bike? I just wanted to know if I can put it on a new bike later on.

I think you can just get different connectors for the different bikes wiring harnesses and move it, but wanted to hear from those that have it and know something about it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SR-i500SE is the top model??

I just need to get a couple questions out there before I buy it probably tom. Since I move to my new apartment and am going to need some protection.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Almighty Jason said:
Is the Scorpio SR-i500 Alarm System bike specific?? Can the alarm be moved from bike to bike? I just wanted to know if I can put it on a new bike later on.
No. The wiring harness is though. You need to purchase the specific wiring harness for your machine. From my understanding some harnesses will fit multiple years on the same model. They do supply a generic wiring harness but that involves splicing wires and such and obviously more of a pain to install.

The SR-i500SE is the top model??
I believe so. That has the paging feature and has a large, quartz-based display. I'm a cheap bastard (not really, $ is tight this month) so I got the baby brother. Well worth the money, IMO. You can even get a backup battery for the 500 model in case the bastards cut the power to the main battery.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Almighty Jason said:
so what your saying is I just need to get a different connector kit for the new bike?
Sort of. For example. The wiring harness for my Honda CBR600F4i prob. fits other CBR models in the same time period. I know for a fact it will fit different years, 2001 through 2005.

Basically get the main unit. Pick out whatever accessories you want (e.g. back-up battery, etc.) and then select the wiring harness for your paticular make/model machine.

Accessory page: http://www.scorpioalarms.com/accessories.aspx

I've attached a ZIP file with a screen shot with the right wiring harness for your machine, Jason. On the same page you can get the Anti-Hijack, Prox. Sensor and Backup-Battery unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see, so if I wanted to move it to a new bike I would buy a new connector kit. The new bike will be a Suzuki. Thanks Mike

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Almighty Jason said:
sweet. Thanks again.

How do you like yours anyway?
It rocks. Like I said before, it's the baby-brother version (the one without the paging or GameBoy style remote), but it works. I washed my bike the other day and water def. got inside the pillon compartment and into the main unit with the siren. I freaked out for a bit. The alarm was about 10% the volume as it was originally.

I used a can of compressed air and aimed it in the general direction of the siren and it cleared out all that sitting water. No damage afterall (thank God!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts