Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I got my Scopio alarm today and get it all set up and plug the connector into the MCM and it says it's suppose to chirp twice when you do this. I get nothing. I can't get this thing to chirp or arm or do anything for that matter. Any ideas or tricks? ground is good, conections are good, since i'm using the factory wiring harness. I think I am calling them tom and see what they say.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Easiest way to check it is to take a multimeter and test for power and ground. Sounds like you're missing one of them. May be a bad crimp in the harness.

·
Registered
415 Posts
JAFO2RHh said:
Easiest way to check it is to take a multimeter and test for power and ground. Sounds like you're missing one of them. May be a bad crimp in the harness.
+1 :dblthumb

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea that's what it sounds like to me too. I got off the phone with their tech support and that's what they say it might be, either power or a defective MCM. That's what I figured last night, but I didn't see any posible way it wasn't getting power, all connections were good and tight.

I didn't check the crimp on the negative wire, but it looked fairly secure--I think I will check that. Where would be the best places to check to make sure I'm getting power all the way through. I was thinking checking at the fuse would be good idea. I wonder if the factory harness plug in might be bad--I assume this is where the power comes from. I'm thinking the positive side of the power isn't getting there-- If it is the power I'm not sure how i'm going to fix it other than getting a new harness from them to plug in.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not really up to setting up the remote. It is suppose to chirp and flash the lights when you first hook it up. I can't get anything from it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts