Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so, according to alot of people, including members of this board, peopl who do not wear gear, are squids and ignorant. if you dont wear your gear for a run down to the beach, you are an idiot. im not saying that i disagree with this, though i have been known to do it on occasion. i just wanted to know what you guys think about peolpe on scooters. i never see anyone wearing helmets on scooters. they are usually outfitted with sandals, shirt, shorts ect... these things get up to and above 50 mph. hell going 200 will rash you up good enough to squirm at nite. are all scooter riders squids?? and if so, if you had a scooter, would you wear gear??

btw, i am not flaimng, and expect none in return, its just a question ive been thinking about for a while.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would say they're squids. Even if I had just a scooter I would probably at least wear pants, a full face helmet, and some gloves. Maybe not a fancy riding jacket with armor and all, but probably a leather jacket.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Over here in Italy I see that all day everyday. I always see young kids, hot girls, and grandmas and grandpas riding scooters in regular clothes. Grandmas will be wearing grandma sandles and church dresses, it's funny to see. But then again, no one around here ever seems to crash. Because the drivers on the road actually RESPECT motorcycles/scooters.

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Just replied to another post about scooters...

To reiterate, my roommate owns a Burgman, and damned if we don't wear gear when we're on the road with it.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I ride a scooter a few times a month and I wear all the same gear that I do when on my motorcycle. Im not fooled into thinking going 45mph on a Gold Wing and going the same speed on a Yamaha scooter change the risk I am taking.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I had a Honda Spree when I was 13-14. I did on occation not wear all my gear, but one thing I always had on was a helmet.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
i would wear jeans but i always wear jeans even if i not riding maybe a hoodie butno leather unless it was cold i would wear a half helmet or somthing of that nature

·
Registered
134 Posts
Am I a squid if I ride with no gear just to my cuz'ins house to go swimming?

He lives like 2 min away and I don't like to gear up for such a small trip but I still wear gloves and helmet.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
If ya don't wanna gear up, don't ride. If it's 2 minutes away just walk. Even if we tell you to get fully geared up for that ride, it doesn't matter, you're gonna do what you wanna do. Just don't think because it's a 2 minute ride that you are in any less danger as you would be a 2 hour ride, alot can happen in 2 minutes.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I plan on buying a scooter and wearing gear with it. Not my full leathers - well maybe for a joke - but helmet, jacket and gloves anyways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts