Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SBN SuperMod
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost my cell phone (yes, I’m ecstatic about that :rolleyes) and just ordered a Motorola V330. How does one transfer pictures to a computer? Why should Bluetooth be important to me? How does one instant message with a cell phone & does that count as minutes, or? While I’m impressed by the “stunning, full-color visuals, amazing sound, and (the) unique soft-touch finish,” I’m a cell phone moron.

Thanks. :cheers

·
Registered
598 Posts
I don't have any experience with the V330 but I can answer some of your questions. If this is like all the other Motorola phones I've used, you should be able to transfer files from your phone to computer (and vice versa) with a program for your computer called "mobile Phone Tools" (this program came with my phone but it can be found online). Connect your phone to your computer with the USB cord (bluetooth should also work) load up MPT and you're good to go.

Bluetooth is important because you can use it to connect your phone to a wireless headset or sync it up with other phones to exchange phonenumbers or whatever. Bluetooth hasn't taken off like it was supposed to but the wireless headsets are nice.

Your phone doesn't have a QWERTY keyboard so instant messaging can be a bit of a pain. Using AIM will go against your data plan and not your minutes.

Hope that clears some of it up.

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
Send it back, it's sux. Get the Samsung E315 or E335, unless you have to have bluetooth or mp3 ringtones. You will thank me for it later.

For a phone, bluetooth basically works like a cordless phone with an earpiece headset. If you have a new luxury car that is equipped with it, you may be able to use it to make calls over the car stereo and store phone numbers(snyc) with the car.

Mp3 ringtones are cool, but not worth the hassle of Motorola reliability. The V300 and V400(Cingular version) have horrible reliabilty issues, mainly affecting the speakers, and powering off issues. I'm in the business, so yes, it's been many more than one, as a matter of fact it's been most that I've seen. Motorola has also had similar issues on the last 3 generations of it's low-end phones(the C330, 331, V66, and V180 V220) as well. The 330 just differs with the addition of bluetooth.

Samsung is by far the way to go if you have T-Mobile. I just replaced my faulty V300 with an E315 and love it. Unfortunately I had to warranty the other 2 in my family, as well as a V400 I had with Cingular, all for the same issue.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Instant messaging is just like IM'ing on your pc except its done with the phone. Basicly (atleast on T-mobile <- I cant say enough good about the service I've had with them so far...) You need a AOL account (free just register like Yahoo) and pick a screen name and yer good to go.

Your phone will be able to log onto the AOL account and IM anyone ya know with a AOL IM account, which for me is zero since anyone I know shuns AOL (its the major n00b inet zone... ask Hagios ROFL) :eek:nfloor

All Motorola stuff I've ever had has been top shelf as far as reliability, I don't know about the brand new stuff my last motorola phone was 2 years ago, and from eons ago the "brick" which was indestructable! It's almost 20 years old and dam thing still works! Just so big and heavy no one in there right mind would carry it. It also puts out way too much power and cooks yer brain! :eek:

Most new phones are rated in miliwatts (my free nokia 3390 very basic from T-mobile claims it puts out 1.6 watts transmission power), that old brick put out nearly 5 watts!
At the high frequency phones operate at (think microwave... well not that high but enough to make the gov limit power outputs) high wattage right by your head isnt a good idea :eek:

I got on my sisters T-mobile plan for like $4 a month and get unlimited long distance on weekends! Thats cool as hell, got to talk to Dennis and Yamagirl for nothin for over a hour! It's also free to talk to any other T-mobile phone customer 24/7!

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
All Motorola stuff I've ever had has been top shelf as far as reliability, I don't know about the brand new stuff my last motorola phone was 2 years ago, and from eons ago the "brick" which was indestructable! It's almost 20 years old and dam thing still works! Just so big and heavy no one in there right mind would carry it. It also puts out way too much power and cooks yer brain! :eek:

Most new phones are rated in miliwatts (my free nokia 3390 very basic from T-mobile claims it puts out 1.6 watts transmission power), that old brick put out nearly 5 watts!
At the high frequency phones operate at (think microwave... well not that high but enough to make the gov limit power outputs) high wattage right by your head isnt a good idea :eek:
The V60 wasn't too bad. Being in the business for a few years, I've seen a lot of phones, and Motorolas have by far the worst reliabilty by a landslide on the whole.

That brick runs on analog which uses a lot more power and sends out a lot more energy. I believe analog was operating on the 800 or 900mhz frequency. The digital phones are a lot cleaner.

Tmobile is by far and away the best company to deal with, the most honest, and the best value for minutes hands down, and GSM phones are nicer too.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I love my V330
The Camera is Awesome the reception is Awesome
I use it as a modem for my laptop and get a 155.2 connection
If you get Motorola Phone Tools You have to Tell it not to auto detect drivers and use the V300 Driver. I dont know why they havent updated it yet but I do drop every once in a while and I think it is merly Driver issues.

Digital Phones run at 826 MHz +- 25 MHz

I personnally Have never had a problem with motorola, I had a samsung once and a Nokia Once I hated them both (And the SAMSUNG was a POS that kept breaking and dropping calls). Motorola is great on Customer Service as well.
If you want to do hard Core IMing on your phone get a sidekick, each instant message counts as a text message against your plan and the sidekick is qwerty and has unlimited TMs

If you have any specific Questions Email me I have it pretty Figured out now

http://forums.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=283519

Last post first page and 1st post second page are all taken with my V330
Camera is one of the things I look for though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts