Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having slower times getting the pages to come up?...It seems like the Ron Ayers thing takes forever to fullly load before the page comes up...I have had NO problems since the reboot with SBN, but now it seems a little slow...

Anyone else?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
same here its slow since the new banners.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It is not, "slower". It is the way the banners loads.

It is loading the banners, one by one. As each banner loads, it does its anamation thing before going to the next banner. So now everytime we load a page, any page, it loads banners first, then the page.

It is getting rather annoying. However, they give $$ to the site and the site needs $$ to keep going. Maybe kill the anamation, or make the loading process different? AAAHHH ITS KILLING ME TOO!

Fred, could ya tweak it some???

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes... DEFINITELY slower. Almost painful. every... page.. comes.... up... slowe.. er

is it a bad new banner? Or, just the fact that more banners have been added?

Any help?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
WAY FRIGGIN SLOWER!!! It's cool though, just gives me something to do for a longer period of time. Stilll love the site.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yep, dial-up speed slow.....and I have cable. Do the banners really have to be up on each page?

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I guess I'm not seeing the banners. I have noticed a slight decrease in performance, regardless, however.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Well past painfully slow, IMO. Way too frustrating. I'm spoiled, I guess. :(

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
its not the site accually.. its the banners loading.. Thats the slow down you are seeing.. I will be working on other things for the banners to be a bit faster.. sorry but I had to add banners to pay the bills that keep coming in.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Some things changed.. some things are streamlined.. Hopefully it should be faster now

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Fred can't you somehow make it so the banners load after the text loads? Or at least all at the same time? I'm no web guru, so I don't really know how that works, it's a little faster now, but still dog slow.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
The server is incredibly slow today. Even uploading small images as attachments in posts takes forever. The server response time is terrible. Slowness in uploading images would not be a result of the banners.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
speed issues is becuase of the new movie we are hosting. Stunts Gone Wild.. It will die down soon I am sure.

I will be working on the banner issue.. very soon

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Yup.. I am seeing some speed issues with the provider.. I knew it wasnt the server. I will put in a trouble ticket. Thanks guys

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Damn those providers.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Yeah i did a traceroute.. plus our providers site was even slow.. looks like they have a link down..

·
Capo di tuti Capi
287 Posts
Not to complain.....because I LOVE this site, but the banner ads are killin' me. Must they appear upon loading every page? I can understand at the beginning of each topic forum, but why every page?

I have a cable modem and the banner ads still load slowly. Very aggrivating.

Thanks,
Stone

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Ok.. I decided to do something about this before I went to bed.. becuase today I noticed it a lot.. each time it tried to load a banner in the rotation it was just sooooooo slow..

I have made it so the banner rotation is now only in one spot on the page.. the 3 other advertisers (Major Sponcers to SBN) Have 3 static banners which your cache (browser software) should read one time and leave it in your history.. this way it loads very fast.. not you will just wait for 1 area to load the rotating banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts